[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Books for dummies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
Hey /adv/
Do you guys/girls know any good books to read?
I'm trying to be a little more "smart"
And i think it would help me a lot with socializing with other people since i can only talk about "dirty" stuff
Please don't suggest books like
"The Universe In A Nutshell"
Or pretty hard to find books since i'm in argentina
Pic not related
>>
Define "dirty".

Try to cut the topics down for better suggestions. What are you interested in and what are your goals? Do you want to understand people better or be knowledgeable in a specific area like science, math or history? What do you want to achieve with that? Get pussy?
>>
Reading books to get smart is a Hollywood meme.
>>
You're going to have to narrow it down a bit more.

Maybe /lit/ would have some good suggestions. At least read their introduction- it has a lot of sources for free books.
>>
>>17244768
Read books by authors like Ray Brandbury, Frank Herbert, John Steinbeck, Ernest Hemingway and look for books online by famous Argentine authors! Read the classics! GL!
>>
>>17244768
Te recomiendo que leas the catcher in the rye de JD Sallinger, es una novela muy bien escrita y es solo de 200 páginas
>>
try classic south american/central american/spanish/english literature, plays, and poetry.
>>
>>17244768
Go to >>>/t/ if you can and take a look at the book threads there's also an etyntke (everything you need to know ever) which has a lot of interesting technical books
>>
>>17244768
If you read one book in your lifetime make it "1984" George Orwell.
>>
>>17246224
This. Brave New World is good too. I don't get the hype, but Kurt Vonnegut is good if you want to circlejerk with people.
>>
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.