[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /adv/. I want to change my last name, but I'm not sure
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 1465368371178.gif (408 KB, 500x345) Image search: [Google]
1465368371178.gif
408 KB, 500x345
Hi /adv/. I want to change my last name, but I'm not sure whether the reason is stupid or not. My first name isn't ethnic sounding, but my last name is. The industry I'm going into is very conservative and WASP-y, where this kind of thing does matter. Jobs are hard enough to get as it is, and I don't want my resume getting turned away because they see my last name and assume I'm fresh off the boat. My qualifications are otherwise fine. wat do?
>>
>>17244281
Do you really want to work for a company you'd have to do this for? Do you really want to have to explain why the Next Of Kin on your various forms has a different last name?

Do you really think the antisemetic bastards won't figure it out anyway?
>>
>>17244477
I'm already at a disadvantage because of my gender, I just want to have the best chance that I can have. The job market is extremely competitive, even with my qualifications. My next of kin have different surnames anyway, it's not common for women to take the male's surname after marriage in my culture. Also, I'm not Jewish kek. There are a lot of Jewish people in this industry, though.
>>
If you don't mind my asking, what's the industry?
>>
>>17244545
Investment banking.
>>
>>17244281
>I want to change my last name

You cant do that its not legal.
>>
>>17245847
yes it is
>>
>>17245847
So you think it is coincidence that every husband and wife just happen to have the same last name?
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.