[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
my boyfriend disappeared from the middle of our text conversation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3
File: romantic-love-letter.jpg (32 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
romantic-love-letter.jpg
32 KB, 600x400
my boyfriend disappeared from the middle of our text conversation after he got out of work?

he got off work at 12am (midnight) and we were mid-text convo and he just disappeared. its been like 40 minutes (Iknow that's not a long time, but we were mid convo) so I said, hiiiii? and he still didn't write back.

I know that hes picking up his cousin and going on a three hour drive to stay the night in where the concert they are going to tomorrow is. (I'm sure that its his cousin and they are going to a concert tomorrow etc) but I don't get why he just disappeared....like am I not gonna get a text back till he gets there at 3am? or tomorrow? or like what??

do I have a right to be upset? I'm feeling uneasy... ijust feel like hes not going to text me baxk anytime soon and that stresses me out because its almost 1am, and I wanna sleep and I'm stressed out and I'm just worried that maybe after work he met up with someone or something. :( why else wouldn't he text me back before he left his work and be like I'm driving now!:(

also when he does text me back, if its soon, or at 3 am, or tomorrow.. what should I do? I know if he texts me back anyway I'm not responding until the morning because ill just say I fell asleep. but still. he pulls shit like this and I'm sick of it
>>
>>17243232

It's text messaging. It's non-urgent in the minds of most. You put it down mid conversation if something comes up, because you're talking about whatever. If it was really, truly important and demanded immediate replies, it'd probably be a phone call (I've had serious conversations via text, but it sounds like you two were just chatting).

More or less, don't worry about it. He already told you where he's going and he's in the car. Stop being paranoid.
>>
honestly, if I don't get a text by like 130am, ill probably wake up every hour during the night and check my phone and not be able to sleep because that's what happens. I just don't get it. like and what if he doesn't text me till tomorrow afternoon? what am I supposed to think??? how hard is it to say "I'm driving now" or like anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! like if he forgets to text me back then ill forget to talk to him all fucking day tomorrow right? I don't wanna ruin a concert for him but WHAT THE FUCK
>>
>>17243241
but we were mid converaation. like the least he could do is say "hey I'm driving now, goodnight" and not just not reply back??? its just inconsiderate... like I'm gonna start doing that to him so he can see how it fucking feels. when I act like that he gets clingy and shit, and when I act like a loving person he acts like shit.
>>
>>17243243
>>17243243
Would you seriously rather him text and drive than not respond to you?

Learn to deal with your emotions rather than trying to control the behavior of others.
>>
>>17243245
>using revenge in a relationship, ever
N i c e

You're obviously a real catch.... I am sure your plan will not backfire in any way.

>>17243243
You sound like you have serious emotional issues, and should see a therapist. Or just be miserable, it's up to you.
>>
>>17243246
no.. but when I texted him last, (it was exaaclty 12AM so he was just clocking out) he was still at work probably walking out the door. like he couldn't text me before he started driving to say he was leaving?
>>
You are FUCKING CRAZY.
>>
>>17243250

why??

who doesn't text their girlfriend back at midnight and just disappears???
>>
>>17243258
why lollllll.

you wouldn't get mad if your gf stopped texting you mid-coonvo at 12am and disappeared for the whole night?
>>
>>17243256
>>17243261
see
>>17243258

Just be grateful you HAVE a boyfriend.
>>
>>17243265
Female here, I would not be mad if my bf stopped texting me and didn't respond the entire night, because I understand that people have lives, and their lives do not entirely revolve around me.

You know where he is, you know what he's doing, and yet you're still having this weird panicky craziness about him not having texted back. You need psychiatric help, seriously. That's not a put-down, it's a recommendation that you go see an IRL psychologist.
>>
>>17243265
I'm a woman. And no I would not be mad if my bf 'pulled' something like this. I'm not obsessed with texts. I have better shit to worry about, like my own life, hobbies, and my child.

You need to fucking grow up if this shit matters to you even slightly. If it bothers you so much, then CALL HIM instead of acting like the very stereotype of an overly clingy girlfriend.

good lord, you're pathetic lol.
>>
>>17243283
ok lolllllll....
>>
>>17243286
maybe youre right..

for most of what you said. but calling me pathetic to make yourself feel good is sad.
>>
It's sounds like ur life revolves around him n he knows that the same for him so he earns space.get a life out of his u ...
>>
>>17243245

Other people have already addressed this, but it's not that big of a deal. Maybe he did try to text back and his service sucks, or the text hung? I was trying to text back a girl about something legitimately important today, hit send, and put the phone in my pocket. My iPhone snagged, and it just said "sending..." until I got a phone call from her 35 minutes later at work from her, and I saw it wasn't delivered.

Relying on texting as a sole method of IMMEDIATE communication is a terrible idea.
>>
>>17243295
It is pretty pathetic, though. Look the word up in the dictionary, you're sitting around worrying yourself into a tizzy for no reason, and waking up every hour on the hour.. for what? a text?

You've got to admit that's pretty pitiful. Have some confidence in yourself and your bf. And go to bed for chrissakes.
>>
>>17243299

true I'm gonna stop
>>
>>17243305
well I did say "hiiiii" like 40 minutes after my last text. so if his texts didn't send he most likely would have gotten that text.. but idk whatever he can do what he wants
>>
>>17243314

I can't imagine you're even in your 20s yet. Maybe his phone is on vibrate in the car and he didn't feel it. Or, he doesn't care what it says and hasn't looked, because he's smart and doesn't check his fucking iPhone every 45 seconds for the newest text message while he's driving in the dark at 12:40 AM. When I'm in the car, the phone gets synced to Bluetooth, and stays in my pocket/in the phone tray, and I ignore texts. If it's important, they will call.
>>
>>17243337
ahh that reminds me he uses his phone to listen to music... =/ so he plugs it in the car and listens to music on it.. so hes probably seen my text.

idk I'm just annoyed but whatever
>>
God, I hate when women are like this. Seriously it puts me in a "maybeweshouldtakeabreak" frame of mind.

It's a text, not a call and he's not obligated to tell you where he is or what he's doing on demand.
>>
>>17243371

Ok I wont get mad at him. he just does stuff like this a lot.

yesterday after work he disappeared from 3-10PM. and said he was sleeping (which I do believe) but its just weird/annoying when your boyfriend just disappears a lot. like idk it makes me suspicious. but whatever... I don't care I let my phone die ill turn it on tomorrow
>>
This is why WhatsApp and its "last seen" function is complete cancer.

it's no one's business, not even yours, if, when and how he read your message. he will reply when he replies. he owes no one an explanation if he read their mails, texts or whatever.

stop being an obsessive bitch.

i don't have a lock code on my cell phone. should my wife ever look through my shit behind my back i will divorce the fuck out of her on the spot. if she wants to do it, she may take my cell phone anytime IN MY PRESENCE and do whatever the fuck she damn well pleases (maybe no sex hotline calls, they're kind of expensive). Since she's a jealous bitch she's done that already a few times. No texts from other grills, no dating apps, just pics of cats, BBCs and stupid messages from my brother.

This is about trust, respect for privacy, principles and knowing your boundaries.
>>
>>17243394

lol I didn't say anything about invading privacy,

I just said he stopped texting me mid convo at midnight. I'm also worried because he said he was really tired and he was gonna be driving for like 3 hours. so idk I'm just worried something happened probably not but its not like him to just leave me hanging mid convo..
>>
>>17243394

Yeah, right there with you. Fucking boundaries and trust. The instant I find any girl I'm dating start to scour my phone for shit behind my back, she is instantly gone. I set that expectation pretty early on though. I also won't dig through hers.

It's not because I have something to hide, it's because without fail, people searching for something bad are going to manufacture something in their head to get all paranoid and mad about. It's all out of context.

My mom has done this shit to my dad for years and demands chains and chains of proof that when he said something like "she'll be here at 6" he didn't mean his mistress but like, a coworker coming to a meeting.
>>
>>17243232

Come back to this site once you finish high school.
>>
>>17243428
>people searching for something bad are going to manufacture something in their head to get all paranoid and mad about. It's all out of context

spot n. which is why i ldt my wife go through my cell phone when i'm around. even then, i dont like it. i've never looked through her shit and never will.
>>
>>17243428

lol.
my boyfriend doesn't care if I look at his phone, I actually thinks he likes it.. because if he leaves his phone in the room with me and comes back and he sees me jump like he looks happyish and says like what were you doing but not in a like way that means he was actually angry. is that weird he likes it? like he wants me to be obsessed with him? he doesn't really look through mine, except a couple times if I got a late text or something like that hes asked what it is
>>
File: avatar_335ed12f579c_512.png (174 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
174 KB, 512x512
>>17243442

>>
Bf won't text me right now!!!!! Like gosh I am just so UPSET!!!!!

If that's your usual attitude I'd cheat on you
>>
As a guy, this clingy behaviour is a huge turnoff and in an under a year relationship I would leave you for making a big deal of this. No man needs this kind of bs. The man doesn't want to talk to you, take the fucking hint.
>>
>>17243422
>invading privacy

What about his privacy to read his messages when he feels like it?
>>
Has NOBODY got the feeling that this is just some really bad bait...?
>>
OP if I were your boyfriend I would fucking break up with you on the spot if I got even a hint that this is your reaction to not getting a stupid fucking text for 40 minutes. Your either 12 or a fucking textbook psycho twat
Kill yourself, he doesnt need your annoying petty bullshit
>>
someone is either a psychologist, psych student doing terrible research, just curious, or trying to prove a point to themselves or someone else.

which is it OP? cause you posted the male version of this last night.
>>
>>17243232
hes cheating on you
sorry about your luck, op
>>
>>17243724
the story is just slightly changed to produce a more negative result. you know that right? also, no matter the reason for this little experiment you're in a very biased atmosphere that in no way represents a good test group. unless you are specifically testing 4chan /adv/.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.