[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what now?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
I've reached the conclusion that the universe is random and pointless.
Happiness is balanced by sadness.
What now? Anyone else feel the same?
Kill self? Wait it out till death?
Seek some stupid hobby to keep my mind busy till death?
>>
Pretentious faggot.
>>
>>17243019
There we go ... proving my point. Random response.
Actually , no , why pretentious? Did I use big words? I think not.
>>
Wait till your 19th birthday.
>>
>>17243019
you're a super faggot.
and pretentious for pretending not being pretentious by pretending to see my post as pretentious.
there. that showed him/she
>>
>>17243044
i'm waaaaaaaay over 19.
at least physically.
>>
>>17243019
i'm confused, is this *really* over your head?
sincerely asking.
>>
eh its not too terribly random. Random stuff does occur but for the most part it looks planned out to me.
>>
No need to kill yourself because death is equally pointless. Your last line is spot on, find ways to kill time until you die.
>>
>>17243035
>>17243045
>>17243058
>all these replies to a shitpost that literally took 5 seconds to write
That's your problem, you're trying to be "3deep5you" about trivial stuff yet get ass-blasted over standard 4chan bantz.
>>
>>17243007
if you have netflix watch a short animation called "It's such a beautiful day."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHxt6NYTDqs

You have to watch the whole thing to "get it." but this ending makes a lot of sense when you feel this way.
>>
>>17243082
ok , you actually agree then?
>>
why don't you try going to church? There's a lot of good people you could meet. There's purpose in life and happiness if you are willing. When I was really depressed I went to church and it helped me through some hard times.
>>
>>17243091
I literally didn't understand a word.
But ok. I think you're trying to say I'm self-centered or trying to sound deep in spite of being shallow?
I'd like to understand but all the fucking 100% meme babble makes it hard to understand.
I don't live here.
>>
>>17243098
That life, the universe, and everything in it has no inherent meaning, purpose, or value? Ya, it's called Nihilism. Your looking for an answer, but there is no answer. Everything is what it is, and there's no such thing as what should be. So just do whatever feels most comfortable. Or don't, it doesn't matter.
>>
>>17243101
In desperation I considered that even though practically 100% atheist.
Just can't get into religion.
There may be a God, maybe not.
If he's there though , he sure hides very very very well.
>>
>>17243007
If you genuinely believed the universe is pointless, you wouldn't be making this thread. You're probably just depressed, go see a therapist.
>>
>>17243091
now I get it.
>>
>>17243185
Why would he/she be depressed? because he thinks there is no grand point or purpose to existence? why does there need to be a point? why cant things just be? just do what makes you happy as much as you can as long as you until you stop existing.
>>
>>17243221
Because their first reaction to this realization is: "Should I kill myself". Happy people don't usually think in such terms.
>>
>>17243235
Well, true, I'm depressed.
But still. I have a point don't I?
Of course, If I'm happy I'd be too busy being happy to consider anything else. But, statistically speaking, how many people are happy and what % of the time are they happy?
We're mostly bored, in a routine, and happy , at most in 1/3 relationship.
>>
Ever read Ten billion days and One Hundred Billion nights? It features a laser battle between Jesus and Buddha!

A sudden feeling of tremendous loss descended upon Asura. Now she must face the truth of her situation---wherever she turned, however she advanced or retreated, she would be alone. There was no way back to what had been, and in front of her stretched another ten billion days and one hundred billion nights.
>>
>>17243272
>But still. I have a point don't I?
Maybe you do, but my point is that once you stop being depressed - you'll stop caring about your point.
>>
>>17243007
>Seek some stupid hobby to keep my mind busy till death?
This is pretty much what everyone does anyway. Only they don't see it with as judgemental a standpoint and call it miserable in comparison to all beliefs they've had up until the point.
>>
>>17243091
This anon has issues OP. I would just ignore him.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.