[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm accustomed to success so if I fail at something, it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 1464349429333.jpg (14 KB, 180x157) Image search: [Google]
1464349429333.jpg
14 KB, 180x157
I'm accustomed to success so if I fail at something, it beats the fuck out of me. This disappoints friends and family.

How can I take my failures seriously without being hard on myself?
>>
You must recognize that you've reached a point in your life in which your innate talent can no longer carry you.

Your success must come with effort. Work hard and practice hard, and do not be afraid to ask for help.

Are you a student? Many students have a hard time adjusting the first time they fail something, but they get over it and learn that they need to study and work to succeed.
>>
>>17242898
I am a student yes.

I don't deal well with failure at all but I like your advice. I'm new to things like driving and I haven't been the most consistent with it. Playing the drums and grilling meat is easier.
>>
>>17242868
Don't fail.
>>
>>17242912
You'll see your classmates begin to divide into two groups.

One group works hard to not fail again. They do the example problems in the book. They check all their work on their homework. They ask the instructor for help when they don't understand. They look to youtube for extra lectures on whatever they are struggling with.

The other makes excuses and tells themselves that they just weren't trying, or that the instructor was being unfair. They look for ways to escape their failure rather than overcome it.
>>
>>17242868
Fail a shitton until you become numb.
>>
>>17242868
I'm accustomed to failure, so I never really do anything. Sounds like you're still doing better than me, though.
>>
>>17242868
If you get frustrated at step 1 of trial and error why take a step in the first place. Started tinkering with PC's at like 12 failure sucks but sticking through and finishing whenever possible is rewarding long term. because of neuroplasticity if you keep working through it to the end you should start to see it becomes easier and faster to complete tasks instead of dwelling.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.