[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PLEASE HELP
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_4806.jpg (61 KB, 749x840) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4806.jpg
61 KB, 749x840
Right after having sex, I had some pillow talk with my gf and I told her "I love you", to which she replied "I love you too" with a very big genuine smile on her face. She is an inexpressive person, that's how she's around her friends and around her family and me too, just not very extroverted. Then she looked at the ceiling and laughed and I asked her why she was laughing, she said "have you ever not been in love with someone and had to say you love them?" My fucking heart broke. I obviously thought she meant me so I replied "No, not really. Are you saying this about me?" and she said it was about some guy she was with that called her when they were 15 and he said he loved her and she just hung up.
Then a couple of days later (we send each other shit all the time through instagram) she sent me
>picrelated
I just laughed it off, but fuck.... I don't know what to think /adv/. Please help I am so so fucking torn. I do love her.
I told a friend in common (girl friend) and she said how can I be so stupid of course she loves me, she decided to lose her virginity with me and she had not even made out with anyone before that.
Am I just reading to deep into this shit? What are my options?
>>
>>17242662
The really weird thing is that she says it often, so... I don't know what to think.
>>
>>17242662

She's fucking with you and not even in a good way. In a cruel sort of way.

Life is a game of 'who cares less, wins'. Distance yourself, do some overtime or some shit. Go straight to a bar after work don't even text her.
Just to see how she reacts, if she cares at all.

If she doesn't, then you shouldn't either, break it off.
If she does react, thinks your cheating or some shit, then maybe tell her these jokes are making you uncomfortable and that you need space. She'll stop fucking with you then.
>>
>>17242662
>What are my options?
Your options are to talk this out with her, and... no, there are no other options.

Personally, I think she's just as scared ofmthis as you are, only with the roles reversed. But you'll never know for sure until you talk to her.
>>
>>17242687
>>17242687
With the roles reversed? What do you mean?
>>17242679
Thanks, I'll try that as well. Maybe I'm too caring with her, but I just can't help it.
>>
>>17242695
She's afraid you're saying you love her because you feel obligated to but don't actually mean it.
>>
She loves you stop looking into it. Love and be loved. And enjoy but seriously stop it.
>>
>>17242712
My last question:
How can I start a conversation about this?
I am definitely going to talk to her about this, it's tearing me apart
>>
>>17242725
>anon, why did you send me that image? Does this have anything to do with us?
Go from there.
>>
>>17242695
>Maybe I'm too caring with her,

That's why you lose.
The more you care, the more hurt you risk feeling.
Care less. It's simple, you just have to push boundaries and rationalise things.

For example;
>She's fucking with me, so it's fine if I avoid her and go for a beer or two before going home instead. Nah, I don't need to text her, I'm mad at her.

And from there it gets easier to care less. Next time it'll be;
>Another text? It can wait, I really don't want to talk to her right now.

It gradually works its way forward until you literally only care about yourself (and then you win).
>>
>>17242723
This is what I fear, that it's all paranoia...
>>
>>17242741
I want to win with her though. I don't want to win alone, anon..
>>
She's never given me a gift or made a love letter (I know it sounds childish, but come on, nothing?). My birthday's soon, maybe she's going to do something special then
>>
>>17242749
>>17242755

Mate.

If she genuinely likes you, distancing yourself and caring less will make her chase you. Don't have to do it for long. Just long enough to see that she actually cares, and make her worry that she's pushing you away.

If she doesn't though, you're shit out of luck, and are better off going cold turkey from this love drug. You can't force someone to feel.

I'd also suggest being wary, she is being rather cruel and heartless about this, she's never done anything for you. It's almost like she can't feel love.
Might be a sociopath. Not 'edgy' fake TV sociopath, like literally 1% of the population incapable of love or empathy, no moral compass sociopath.

I know you're gonna tell me how innocent and cute she is.

I thought so too mate.

Who cares less, wins.
>>
>>17242777
Fuck. Thanks for the advice, good help.
>>
>>17242777
She was going to go to vet school, I doubt she's a sociopath and
>I know you're gonna tell me how innocent and cute she is.
spot on...
>>
>>17242662
>she had not even made out with anyone before that.
Holy shit, man, you're just being super insecure.
>>
don't hang on every word she says. Don't care so much. Women got nothing going on, so these kinds of things are what they do most of the time. You're a man. You're supposed to be busy with life.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.