[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /adv/, what's the most comfiest math field and why?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: math-wordle.jpg (103 KB, 831x550) Image search: [Google]
math-wordle.jpg
103 KB, 831x550
Hi /adv/, what's the most comfiest math field and why?
>>
>>17241470

/Sci
>>
>>17241470
Stats. Nice and cushy finance jobs.
>>
>>17241473
If I asked that on /sci/, they would send me here, and this is in fact the advice board.
>>
>>17241477
Stats and econ are bullshit but easy.

Econ classes specifically should be ez pz for applied math majors
>>
>>17241482
>>17241477

I want something in pure maths
>>
File: he thinks it's possible.gif (2 MB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
he thinks it's possible.gif
2 MB, 300x225
>>17241535
>comfy
>in pure
>>
>>17241535
The only thing you're going to do with that is to go into academics, which is suicide tier.
>>
>>17241602
>>17241591
no problem, don't avoid the question. I just wanna know what's the comfiest field and why
>>
>>17241625
>don't avoid the question
Alright.
>>
>>17241625
Finance you faggot. There is no other reason to do maths unless you are some autist academic assfingerer.

Accounting and finance. That is why you do maths. No, they're not maths fields. But maths links very well with them and you'll get a job in them with a maths degree.
>>
>>17241625
Major in oure math as an undergrad. If it isn't brain numbingly dull then talk to one of the faculty in the math department in whatever clas interests you.

Pure math is a major btw. You don't declare an emphasis because your emphasis is math.
>>
>>17241625

Number Theory

Spend your time doing the shit you want and even though it's useless, no one notices.
>>
>>17241477
I am a quant now earning $100k a year doing very little but I'm so bored that all I can think of is becoming an entrepreneur instead
>>
>>17241739
Most of the front office traders/quants I've met did engineering, CS physics or mathematics.

People who do finance that isn't the stochastic calculus kind usually end up doing sales which is dead end.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.