[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I Try Tinder?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: 1450017251164.jpg (114 KB, 480x608) Image search: [Google]
1450017251164.jpg
114 KB, 480x608
Share good and bad stories because im wondering if its worth trying out.
>>
>>17240397
From my experience it's only good for hooking up and it will only be good for that if you've got at least an 8/10 body and/or face. This is all assuming you're a male btw.
>>
I matched with someone from my small 12 person class in a school with 30,000+. Didn't even know it was her until she told me. I liked her but she turned me down after the most mixed signals on earth. At least she still likes my IG photos.

I only used it for a week got bored, lots of spam. But this was a year ago.
>>
>>17240405
So are you saying it is better or worse for people below 8?
>>
I would say try it but have low expectations and honestly if you're below a 6, don't do it because it may hurt your confidence if you don't get any matches. I actually met my girlfriend on there. It's a long story but I NEVER expected to find someone I'd care about and someone like her on there. Plus, if you get bored, you can send ridiculous pickup likes to girls for fun
>>
Not op but im curious as well. My main hangup from just using it.
Is I can run into tonnes of friends and family etc. Which is embarassing as all hell.
>>
>>17240736
Bamp?
>>
>>17240397
I'm maybe a 7/10 tops. I slept with a boatload of girls. Its pretty easy if you can be funny and concise. At one point I wanted to find something serious, realized everyone I met there either wanted the cock or was batshit insane. Deleted it and met my current woman when I went to get my haircut.

Tl;dr tinder works if you mitigate your expectations or are looking to Fuck.
>>
>>17240397
Only if you want to reinforce the superficial appearance rating.

So if you're good looking, yeah have at it
>>
I've used it for basically hook ups, for casual dating and most recently I met my girlfriend who I've been with for 7 months and love.

It does require you to look above average as a guy, and get some good picture, but if you can do this I would def recommend it.

Down sides: pointless conversations, awkward dates, being dissed etc all those things will happen, but it's still worth it.
>>
>>17240397
>try tinder
>use it for a month
>swipe right probably close to a hundred people
>maybe 5 matches
>3 don't respond
>2 dony even want to meet

Don't bother bitches just use it for Compliments
>>
>>17240397
Comes easier to some than others. I've been making a game out of changing pictures and descriptions. I've matched with a good amount of pretty girls but get too chickenshit to message a lot of them. You have to message quickly to get the best responses.

If you want it to really work, prepare to be in it for the long haul. If you just "try" it without giving any real thought to how online dating works and how you can do better at it you will be disappointed.
>>
>>17240397
Sure.

First tinder dating experience ever landed me a tall slim virgin whose pussy tasted delicious. Second tinder get together also led to some finger banging with a virgin, and a third tinder dating experience led to sex. Fourth tinder experience led to some cheap hang out and the chick had the audacity to call it a date when really she's just meeting people.
>>
>>17240397
>Should I Try Tinder?
That depends on what you want. Tinder is a hookup app, not a dating app. And that's precisely what it stands to get you: casual encounters -not relationships- with people looking for casual encounters, not relationships. Is that what you want?
>>
Tinder is excellent if you already have a lot of success with women without it.
Free and different pussy for every day.

If you aren't in a good spot without it don't bother.
>>
Good: Got laid a lot by a lot of different women
Bad: Got herpes.

Wear a condom, bro.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1457376518951.jpg (22 KB, 540x498) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1457376518951.jpg
22 KB, 540x498
>>17240397
Was curious enough. Tried it and realised how bad it was and deleted it. A few weeks later my friend sets me up with a girl from tinder. We talk for a good bit and met up. Know have a qt 3.14 who loves me.
>feelsgudman.exe
>>
>>17240397
4/10 here, been on and off it for two years. Zero dates and confidence sapped. There's a reason why rules #1 and #2 of Tinder are "be attractive".
>>
>>17240411
if you're below an 8, you might as well give up on tinder. Its rigged as fuck and most women use it for validation

T. arcanine
>>
File: 2016-06-09 01.07.42.png (307 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-09 01.07.42.png
307 KB, 1440x2560
Not sure where I went wrong here.
>>
>>17240397
People keep saying it's a hookup app but I don't buy that entirely.

You CAN meet girlfriends or boyfriends there. I know of a couple of people who did. I also know of many more trying to find girlfriends or boyfriends on there. Many people use it to hook up, but that's not the sole purpose and it's not why every single last person is on there. People likely conflate "wanting to become physically intimate with a person they are attracted to sooner rather than later" as "they only want sex lol".

One girl I met on there was really cool and we hit it off extremely well. Unfortunately she was only visiting town for a while and had to fly to the extreme other side of the United States with no immediate plans to return. It sucks because we hit it off in a way that doesn't happen every day or even every month. Had it have been a different time or place maybe it would've been more. Fuck, does it suck to meet the right person at the wrong time.
>>
I'm about a 5 or a 6 and I'm male. I got no tinder matches hardly at all. Pretty much a waste of time unless you are above average looking.
>>
I got it last night. I've gotten three matches since. One was an ugly girl i accidentally swiped right on. I think I swipe right like 40% of the time.

One girl was a real stick in the mud and the other hasn't responded yet.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.