[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't know what to do. Growing up, I wanted to join the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: marines.jpg (1 MB, 2100x1500) Image search: [Google]
marines.jpg
1 MB, 2100x1500
I don't know what to do. Growing up, I wanted to join the military really badly. I would alternate between military branches and other things, but military kept coming back. In 12 grade, I started getting into finances after watching wolf of wall street. I started investing with a custodial account and got tired of gaining no ground(was only investing about 1000) I got bored, closed account, and switched back to wanting to join military. I decided I wanted to do National Guard and ROTC at the same time(common program). So fast forward today was New Student Orientation, I got so close to talking to the Army ROTC guy, but chickened out. Instantly changed my mind. What should I do????!!!!!!
>>
Good thing you didn't cause you'd just be a janitor for 2 years and you sound like a bitch so the bullying probably would have given you ptsd like every other nerd that joined
>>
>>17239448
If you can't handle talking to a recruiter you won't make it through basic. Quit being a bitch and call the recruiting office.
>>
>>17239454
>>17239458
I'm not scared to join the Army or talk to them..just scared I will regret my decision.
>>
>>17239467
Quit being an indecisive bitch then. What do you even want out of the military.
>>
Can you tell us why you wish to join the military?
>>
>>17239448
If you can do math well, go finances.
It's the basic bitch uni path, but if you're actually good, you can make serious buck.
I have a friend who has just kept going up in the world. Started out business, got some basic job, then when he had enough money stored up, he went back and got a good degree. Now he's making 6+ figures.
He says it was easy as fuck.
If you can handle undergrad business, you can handle everything after.

But that's if you want money. Do like doing shit interest and handling boring fucking numbers all day?

If you can leave it all at work and be happy at home, then maybe you can do it.
But you gotta be good at math.

Now the military. I'm actually in the way of joining now.
I was raised in it. My pop was military. I know the life.
I got my uni degree and now that I have no where to turn, I'm joining up.

So here's my advice.

Don't be some 18 squirt of cum in the Army. You're gonna be bored first off. You think Army is action. But in reality, you're going to be spending 7/8 of your time sitting around. The next 1/8 is going to be pissing yourself in fear about being shot.

Don't go Army.
Talk to you recruiter. Say you want to be an officer. Actually get paid to go to Uni. Then learn some more for a couple of years and then get out with fat experience and join some private security firm.

That's assuming you can learn like a motherfucker.

If you can't, maybe gruntwork is for you.
If that's the case, join Navy.
You'll serve on ship. See the world. But you won't be shot at.

Military life is fine if you don't mind not having connections.
>>
>>17239515
>>17239519
I want to serve my country, see action, and tell my kids stories.
>>
>>17239544
Then what's stopping you? You're "totally not scared" and "totally not doing it for vanity's sake" so you should have nothing worry about.
>>
>>17239547
I twant to take a shot at getting rich.
>>
>>17239544
Well, there's a few problems. Nationalism is a mental disorder. If you see action, you'll potentially not be able to tell your kids stories because you'll be dead. If you want kids, I suggest you not abandon them by pursuing a selfish career that puts you at risk of being killed all for a measly paycheck that will force your significant other to work harder at a more important job than you'll ever find being a pawn in an organization that doesn't care about you working for a country that cares even less about you. Be a real man and don't join the army.
>>
>>17239552
Then do that? Again, quit being an indecisive cock. Do you want me to make the decision for you?
>>
>>17239561
Just wondering if anyone had a dilemma like this, did you stop having the dilemma and never look back after making a decision on what to do with your life?
>>
>>17239576
It was more like "wow that was dumb, but i made my choice."

What choices you could have made in life are meaningless. There's only what there is.
>>
>>17239467
Please stay out of the military. Your cowardice will get other people killed.
>>
>>17239448
I wanted to go into the military.
I ended up going into medicine instead. Haven't regretted it. Most of the good points of the military can be found outside of it without signing away your soul for eight years.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.