[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Morning Glorys
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: flour.jpg (7 KB, 194x259) Image search: [Google]
flour.jpg
7 KB, 194x259
Alright i did not know whether to put this here or on /an/ but fuck it! I would like to know if its alright to plant morning glory's on my yard and suffer no repercussions, if for example a dog gets poisoned by it.
>>
That sounds like something a would-be dog-killer would say....
>>
>>17235475
Well depends if dogs dig up your yard often but if not I don't see the harm an It's better if you put up a warning sign but be warned if someone takes your flowers and gets hurt your still to blame
>>
>>17235475
If some dog dies then it's the owner's fault for not looking after it properly. Plant that shit.
>>
>>17235479
yes i dislike dogs shitting in my fucking yard and their owners just walking on by. I also hate this neighborhood it ran over both my fucking cats and at least 75% of this place owns dogs.
>>
>>17235475
There are many toxic/poisonous plants.
The problem with morning glories is that they spread their seed everywhere and end up growing when you may not want them to grow.
>>
>>17235475
This is almost entirely unrelated, but Morning Glory seeds make you trip if you eat them. Just a fun fact if you do decide to plant them.
>>
>>17235475
1) Most dogs won't just eat them. Lilies are poisonous to dogs and cats as well, but you don't usually hear about animals dying from consuming them because they don't smell like food. And if a dog does die, it's not your fault. The owner should be responsible for their dog not doing stupid shit like eating a neighbor's garden, and this is being said by a dog owner/lover.
2) That shit grows like a fucking weed. Be prepared for it to take over your entire lawn. Also the variety around my area is pink, not that nice purple, so it won't be that nice looking irl I don't think.
>>
Morning Glories can be invasive.

Consider four-o'clocks instead. The flowers are similar, and they're easier to contain.
>>
File: 1455057142272.jpg (52 KB, 583x583) Image search: [Google]
1455057142272.jpg
52 KB, 583x583
>>17236786
The SEEDS can make you trip if you eat them, but you're more likely to just throw up and then fail the drug test.
>>
>imagename
Lol mate go ahead and pour flour all over your yard, maybe bread will grow
>>
>>17235475
If you posted this on /an/, you would be ripped to fucking shreds. If you hate the neighbourhood so much, just move dude.
>>
That is illegal, and a lot of people have cameras these days. They're cheap on amazon. Who do you think theyre gonna suspect, idiot?

If you really want to piss them off, paint your house a garish color like lime green and bright purple with orange polkadots.
>>
>>17235501
sprinkle chili powder around the edges of your yard
>>
>>17235501
also I am sorry to hear about your cats, but poisoning other people's dogs won't help anything, they'll just get another dog. probably a bigger one that takes elephant-sized dumps. not only that, but like >>17236795 said, dogs probably won't eat morning glories or most other flowers for that matter.

that being said, I can understand why you'd be upset. I've had outdoor cats in town and they tend to get run over or get into the neighbour's garage and eat antifreeze or any number of things. but I also know some neighbourhoods are just full of jerkoffs who will deliberately hurt other people's pets or swerve to hit them. I know that life isn't fair, get used to it blah blah blah, but it still sucks.

keep cats inside or move to a place that is more hospitable to outdoor cats. rural areas are good for that if you can swing it, especially if you're on a dirt road or some other situation where passing cars can't go very fast.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.