[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's a good holiday destination for a 22 year old retard
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: 1455908353173.jpg (78 KB, 992x558) Image search: [Google]
1455908353173.jpg
78 KB, 992x558
What's a good holiday destination for a 22 year old retard such as myself to go for 5 days?I'll be travelling alone because I have no friends and no qt gf. I was thinking Venice since there's plenty of restaurants and cultural shit.
Also, I've never been on a plane. What do I need to know so the authorities don't search my cavities or kick me off the plane?

pic unrelated
>>
>>17233962
Depends on where you are from. If you have to travel 20 hours to stay somewhere for a few days, it might be not worth it.
Also - if you're travelling alone you might go to a place where there are a lot of solo travellers, stay in an hostel, etc so you get a chance to socialize.
>>
Been to almost all european countries, go to croatia, it's beautiful and cheap, go to Zadar, Plitvice lakes and Dubrovnik, the last one is really expensive and away from everything, but Plitvice lakes is a must go and close to Zadar, Zadar itself is really cheap.
>>
>>17233971
I'm from England, hence I'm thinking somewhere within Europe.

>>17233974
Is it easy to get around and do shit without knowing the language? And how close are the lakes?
>>
>>17233962
go to.....hell,suits your type of person ;)
>>
south east asia or south america
you'll be swimming in pussy and drugs, plus the food is B O M B
>>
>>17233990
most people there speak english really well, if i remember correctly the lakes were like 2 hours away maybe, you can rent a car in zadar
>>
>>17234015
Very true. Maybe next time.

>>17234020
I was thinking of Thailand but it's probably not the best place for my first time travelling alone. I'd probably get murdered 5 minutes after stepping off the plane.

>>17234042
Sounds good, but I can't drive.
>>
>>17234052
there are tourist places where you can buy a bus ticket, you can even get a tour if you want to, i wouldn't recommend though
>>
>>17233962
What kind of activities do you like, OP?

>>17234138
I've been to Croatia a few times and I absolutely love it, but I wouldn't recommend going around without a car to be fair, it's a pain to move between cities without it.
>>
>>17234138
I might go for it then. Any other recommendations for stuff to do in Zadar itself?
>>
>>17234169
the center is beautiful, there's the sea organ, you can pay for a guy to cross the river with a tiny boat, across the river you can find some nice local food (no mc donalds there at least when i went), but honestly i'm, not the best guy to tell you, i only properly visited zadar in one day and then i went to the plitvice lakes, also one day
>>
Are you very white looking ? If yes avoid the third world since you'll probably get robbed or scammed
>>
>>17234146
I mostly just wanted a cool place to relax - eat, drink, take in the sights. I'm open to any suggestions though.

>>17234186
>sea organ
I've never heard of this until now but it sounds fantastic

>>17234187
I'm the whitest guy on earth.
>>
>>17233962
Venice is lovely. Some of the restaurant prices have exorbitant tourist taxes though, they'll charge you out the ass for a cup of coffee.
>>
>>17234217
I live close to Venice, and it is lovely but expensive and full of tourist traps.
I really liked Barcelona, Madrid and Lisbon, I loved Belgium (but not Bruxelles) and Amsterdam. There are a lot of awesome places around Europe to be fair.
If you like the seaside there is Croatia, Greece is cheap as fuck right now.
Around Italy you can see Tuscany, there is everything there. You can choose a couple of places to visit depending to your interests.
>>
Been to Venice a month ago. Honestly, don't go there. There are no locals. it's just toursts, walking without a goal. Everything looks the same ish. If you've seen one canal, you've seen all of them. The outskirts are more remote, but again, not much to see there too. I'd rather visit it on a one-day trip

Rome, on the other hand, is great!
>>
>>17234296
>>17234331
>>17234593
Sounds like Venice can fuck off. I get enough tourists and expensive coffee where I live anyway.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.