[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Living with parents through college >Mom finds weed in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 5156973.jpg (39 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
5156973.jpg
39 KB, 300x300
>Living with parents through college
>Mom finds weed in my room
>Doesn't tell me to get rid of it or anything, she's just worried about me
>Use's bullshit scare tactics
>"You're dad worked with someone who did it every day and now he can't walk right, he's out of work and living off disability. The doctors couldn't figure out what was wrong with him so we all assumed the weed did it."
>Also really really scared I'm going to get arrested.

I feel bad for making her worry, but it seems like a lot of her worries are based off of false information. She thinks the damn stuff is gonna fuck me up the same way meth will.

What do
>>
>>17233743

Watch a documentary with her that debunks all of those "Reefer Madness" propaganda myths. There are quite a few to choose from.
>>
Smoking weed IS bad, funny how a guy living with his parents hiding weed from them thinks he's right
>>
>>17233746
I can try, but I feel like she'll just use some "doctors and scientists can be wrong too" bullshit.

When I told her it was perfectly legal to sell bongs and grinders and shit she replied with "what is this world coming to" and thinks cops should be allowed to just stand outside those stores and arrest anyone who walks in because "it's obvious what they're using it for"

She doesn't have a firm grasp on how the world looks.
>>
>>17233752
How is it bad? Think I'm gonna OD or something lol
>>
>>17233764
*on how the world works
>>
>>17233743
Move into your own place.
>>
>What do

You stop being a disrespectful shit and stop keeping it in your parents house.
>>
>>17233771
While I have have never heard of anyone OD'ing on weed, it's not an innocent substance. It has a lot in common with alcohol, and can impair you in similar ways.

That said theres a reason it is being legalised in more and more places - it isn't an inherently dangerous drug. It is poor use that leads to issues, the same as cigarettes (chain smoking) and alcohol (alcoholics) can be misused.

I think it fucking stinks, so I don't bother with it (it's legal where I live) but explaining to your parents about why it isn't dangerous is a good idea.

Although don't expect them to let you store or smoke it in their house.
>>
>>17233827
I've tried and they literally just reply with "Where did you hear that? The internet, oh it must be true then"
>>
There are scientific papers on the subject, that indicate that weed is less dangerous than alcohol. I'm thinking of a British one but I can't remember the name just now. But if you search on Google scholar you should find it. If your parents can't be convinced by a peer reviewed paper I don't know what else you can do.
>>
Long terms use of weed will fuck you up.

Not necessarily as bad as alcohol, tobacco or even coffee. But it's been proven to effect short-term memory, as well as effect developing brains (I'm gonna assume your 20 or so since your still in college, in which case your brain is still developing). There have also been cases of weed triggering anxiety, depression and even schizophrenia in people.

Also, chances are where you are weed IS illegal so that chances of you getting caught with it and arrested are very real.

Basically all your mom's concerns are valid, as misguided as some of them are.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.