[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just found this adorable lil thing out side and was afraid it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 1465396731224930436435.jpg (494 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
1465396731224930436435.jpg
494 KB, 1080x1920
Just found this adorable lil thing out side and was afraid it was going to get hurt, my neighbor called me out and said it was behind her tire so I took the lil bugger in. Anyway, I was wondering if I could get some advice on how to take care of its fleas I have a who ten bucks to my name rn
>>
Dawn dish soap will kill any fleas he has on him, but you might have to do it multiple times, also regularly vacuum the area where you keep him. You leave the dish soap on him for about five minutes before rinsing. I used to work at a veterinary clinic, we recommended this method to people all the time.
>>
>>17233742
Do cats try to lick the soap while it's on them?
>>
>>17233742
Gracias m8 would take it to the ASPCA but they don't make pick ups
>>
>>17233756
Also I didn't think about that old respond
>>
Buy anti flea medication and apply it behind its head/neck so it can't lick it and fucking die
>>
>>17233756
I've only had to do it myself once, and in that limited experience, the kitten did not seem to like the taste, so she licked twice and then stopped. If she swallowed any, it didn't hurt her. Since veterinarians regularly recommend it, I assume it's pretty safe.

>>17233759
No problem, good luck.

>>17233767
Please don't buy cheap flea meds. I've seen cats get very, very ill from things like Hartz. They get neurological symptoms and they can die. Many flea meds you buy OTC are also not meant for kittens.
>>
>>17233724
>i have ten bucks
sounds like you can't afford adequate care for a pet right now; give him up to a local shelter, or post on craigslist or something. a stray NEEDS to be spayed/neutered (can be cheap, depending on services in your area; some cities have free spay/neuter programs), vaccinations (not cheap), deworming (it has worms, whether you think so or not), and if you're planning on letting it outside, it needs an ectoparasiticide, too (not frontline; can't recall what i treat my cat with, but it might be revolution. ask a vet, because a lot of parasiticides are not-so-well-regulated and can really mess up animals), it needs a litter box, food, few toys (nothing with strings or feathers; hazardous if ingested)

if you're poor, give it to a shelter; kittens have zero trouble getting adopted, and they'll care for it better than someone with ten dollars possibly can
>>
>I have $10 to my name
>LETS TAKE IN THIS ANIMAL AS A PET!
Are you being intentionally dense?
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.