[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I dropped out of university because it was making me miserable
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Awh fuck.jpg (107 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Awh fuck.jpg
107 KB, 1280x720
So I dropped out of university because it was making me miserable and now I'm stuck in an existential crisis with my only real ambition being to become a hero of some sort to someone. Am I stupid for wanting this?
>>
Saw this thread on /a/ lol. But Iktf OP. We are only just waiting for our call to action.
>>
The world will need heroes soon enough trust me people will be needed to help people against a threat.
Train hard and reach the place where you need to be as destiny is a thing, I've seen it and I'm saddened because I'm not going to be a hero you might end up being one though.
>>
You're not stupid for wanting that. We can usually distill our desires down to something simple, and it's useful to do so because that can give us clarity.

At this point what would be stupid would be to keep sitting around sulking, contemplating how you wish to be a hero. You know you want to do heroic things, now it's time to give that meaning. Do you want to become a fire fighter? A human rights lawyer? An investigative journalist? A detective? Figure out who you want to be, then figure out what you need to do to become that person.
>>
What kind of hero? Like a hospice worker, or a firefighter? Or will only being masked caped vigilante do it for you?
>>
>>17231299
I should've also included EMT and surgeon in my examples

>>17231296
no offense, but you sound really fucking crazy in this post
>>
>>17231304
Imagine living life knowing what I know, I was the edgiest fedora out there and have had some visions thought nothing of them but cool dreams then I try living a normal life and I keep getting visions about the future but about balant shit like a neighbor knocking on my door and asking for a coffee filter or a lady not catching the bus I'm in and punching the bus where I am sitting.
If I meditate I go further into the future but then it suddenly stops and I feel like a lunatic chasing some psychotic episode. I'm on my 6th try of leading a normal life now.
That's not important, what's important is that one climax will be around 2-3 years so you can prepare for it or not, but I don't know I'm basically a lunatic one the net for all intenses and purposes .

The best advice would be to for you to be a firefighter or something like that find the appeal of heroics to you and see if any real life job has the same thing you think you'd enjoy in heroics basically.
>>
Join the military OP
>>
>>17231176
Ever considered ems?
>>
>>17231332
/x/ pls go
>>
>>17231332
When I smoke weed, I always see parts of the future.
>>
>>17231176
you can fill that void by volunteering, help out at hospitals and other methods, i know a lot of friends who work at shelters and others who do star wars troops to raise money and visit dying children in hospitals.

there are different kinds of heroes out there, but the only way to become one is to put yourself out there and stop being afraid of taking risks.
>>
Become fluent in a specific European language and get their flag tatood on you somewhere. Acquire forged documents from that country that make you appear a true citizen. Infiltrate ISIS and decapitate their leadership while making it look like the Euros did it. Or just do some cool James Bond shit like splode a weapons plant.

Or is it more of a big city crime fighting type hero you're going for?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.