[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm kind of a bad guy or degenerate. Me and a bunch of my
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 497x309) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 497x309
I'm kind of a bad guy or degenerate. Me and a bunch of my friends have had DUIs, do drugs (maybe like every other month), hook up with sluts, have been caught doing lewd things with girls in public. A lot of this is out there and I guess I've got a bad reputation. I want to be more responsible and the girls I want to date now are more introverted and nice. How do I shake my troubled past and grow up?
>>
Stop doing drugs, stop hooking up, stop calling them sluts.get a job and volunteer for something. Become a man that a nice girl would want to date and show to her parents.
>>
>>17230918
>>17230918
>How do I shake my troubled past and grow up?
Just ignore your past and start doing things according to who you want to be now. It's not harder than that.
>>
File: BTFU3.jpg (43 KB, 500x633) Image search: [Google]
BTFU3.jpg
43 KB, 500x633
>>17230953
>stop calling them sluts
>deny factual evidence
>>
>>17230964
If you see gay people in the street are you going to call them faggots? Do you walk up to a chubby dude and call him a fatass? Literally don't know why you're so fixated on 'calling them what they are' but you're not going to have friends if you do.
>>
>>17230953
>>17230959
So I have to cut out some of the people in my life? Or maybe just stop partying with them? I can probably do the latter, I don't want to abandon my friends.
>>
>>17231014
Peer pressure is real though anon. They're not going to let the old you go out as easily, but if they are good they will understand and only celebrate when the old you comes out but not pressure it.

Or they might think you're turning into a little bitch and pressure the shit out of you to get back to who they are.

Honestly the easiest thing to do is find a second circle of friends. Because the one main thing they probably get together is to party. If you don't party with them you're going to start seeing them less and less.

You could be the good guy in the group though and hope you find a nice girl, but honestly most girls will not get close to the social circle you describe.

It's tough man i know. But it is your life.
>>
>>17230918
Good girls don't date sluts like you
You're gonna have to go with an ex slut
>>
>>17231014
You may have to if they are toxic or enable you. you should be around people who support you and would help you, anyway. I was in your shoes and had to cut everyone I knew out because they were nearing 30 and doing the same stupid shit they were at 20. I know you have loyalty but for what exactly? What have they done for you and your quality of life that would make you feel this loyalty to them?I know its scary to make new friends but its a process of life that people grow apart.
>>
>>17231034
>>17231047
I have friends that have gone straight edge and don't go out and do drugs anymore. Our group is actually half girls but most are either in relationships or not the type of girl I go after anymore. And we have random girls that hang around a bit trying to hook up with one of us.
>>
>>17230918
Lol at guys who spend their years being assholes and sluts and then expect "good nice introverted" girls to settle for them.
>>
>>17231090
They already did, though.

Chad always finishes first.
>>
>>17230918
hi op, i'm the introverted nerdy and nice gf of my bf who is similar to you and probably a bit worse. i was honestly scared about his past life and didn't really like the idea of getting involved with him at first... he was 27 when i met him, so i already thought the risk seemed too high since it's harder for older people to change their habits.

but what he did to gain my trust was by being completely honest with me and following through his commitments.

he's quit his hard drugs, found a new job, quit getting into fights, and keeps in contact with me so that i know he's not cheating either. he tries to surround himself with solid people as well and is always very generous with them and anyone who comes his way. he even goes and volunteers for the homeless and disabled, donates to charities, and most importantly, he treats me with kindness and with respect.

i admit, i'm constantly afraid that he might revert to his older habits... so i do keep on my toes and sometimes debate about whether i should leave him or not before he decides to marry me or something. but so far so good... i also do my part in trying to be a good girlfriend and try not to be a reason for him to go back to his drugs or something.

as for the "stop calling them sluts" thing, that also helps... my boyfriend really goes the extra mile to be PC which makes me feel a lot better about him. he even corrects me on some terms, which i appreciate and love him more for haha

good luck op, i hope you make it
>>
>>17231150
Thanks, at least there's hope. Best regards to you and yours
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.