[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey guys. im 24 this has been an issue bothering me for some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
hey guys. im 24 this has been an issue bothering me for some time. ever since i was little my parents always told me not to waste my money. ive always been very cautious of my money and have always saved been responsible. if i cant justify a purchase for being good for my future then i wont buy it. both my parents past in the last few years. i have a pretty large savings and a full time job to support myself. but i still find myself not being able to by things that i want.my girlfriend recently bought me a ps4. the thing is not only am i like this with my money but im also like this with my time. my parents forced it in to me to not be lazy and buying things for yourself was selfish. and now when ever i think of buying something just for fun i feel guilt. a bunch of my friends just got overwatch and ever though i really want to play it every time i go to buy it i feel really guilt. how do i get over this?
>>
That's a hard one Op, im not sure, but I'll definitely tell you that you'll be fine when you do buy it. I make $1200 and in school, pay $500 for rent, and pretty much the rest of my paycheck is gone from car payments, utilites, etc. anyways so from all of that im still surviving. Your parents taught you too well, try having your girlfriend talk it out with you. Try asking her to convince you in a heart felt way that it's okay, try not to say too much and just listen.
>>
>>17230454
stop trying to blame your parents and realize that you're just a jew.
you're fully in control of your situation now and there's no reason to keep bringing up your parents.
>>
>>17230454
So your problems are:
>not being lazy
>having money
Wow OP. Such problems.

If you can't treat yourself, then make your gf the person who decide what you should buy and enable her to do it.
>>
It's not the answer you're looking for since I don't know how to overcome your guilt, but...
If you feel guilty when spending money on yourself then don't do it. When you hear stories or read books about people who have less, who are sometimes struggling to make ends meet, there is always a common thread: a sense of community. That's the secret of happiness.
And if you have enough money to don't work ever again then quit your job and enjoy your life; you don't have to spend money in order to be happy. You can get some advices on blogs like mrmoneymustache.com.
>>
File: 1464633236547-b.jpg (144 KB, 768x384) Image search: [Google]
1464633236547-b.jpg
144 KB, 768x384
>>17230454
Save your money and start a businesses young man.
Invest in knowledge. Buy a few small business operator books and invest in personal enjoyment to keep yourself calm and happy.
You sound like me when I was 22.
>>
Buying something for yourself once in a while will make you happy and bring you joy/fun/be positive towards relationships with friends

It's good in the long run, mentally.
>>
Worrying about money that much just means you end up with a load of money when your older, but your too old to make the most of it and you haven't really enjoyed life. Who cares if you can logically justify it, spend it on what you fuckin want
>>
It's important to relax now and then for your mental health. Buying things that you can use for recreation and devoting time towards that IS an investment on your future. Relating to others is also advantageous socially, so buying something you want that your friends already have offers you the added benefit of bonding over it. Remind yourself of these things as needed until the feeling goes away.
>>
Budget. Figure out how much money you make, how much you have now, how many expenses you pay. Set aside a good sized portion for your future and then come up with an allowance for guilt-free fun. Budget your time too.
>>
>>17231191
This. Your "problem" is what 99% of this board aspires to.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.