[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
flakey texter
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 1440568828504.jpg (260 KB, 525x534) Image search: [Google]
1440568828504.jpg
260 KB, 525x534
I've been texting this girl like every day for about 3 weeks now. We can't meet up because she lives about 4 hours away, but she comes down here for family a couple times a month.

Anyways, she will send me long ass texts, and I respond in kind, but there's usually a while between exchanges (2-8 hrs usually). No big deal, the conversations are fruitful.

Lately though, she's doing shit like "Hey sorry I was at work!" and I'll respond nbd or whatever, but she will then disappear for another 3-4 hours without even responding to what I said before she got out of work (which is usually a bunch of responses to questions she asked in the first place.)

What I'm getting at is, what am I to this girl if she keeps waiting like 10 million years to respond, but she still puts effort in her messages? It seems like she flakes out all the time and just responds whenever the hell she feels like and it's starting to upset me / piss me off to be honest.
>>
>>17228334
She's not into you.

You're a good texting buddy, and she probably likes venting to you. But now that she either has some other guy in her life, or got bored of talking to you, she's done with it and doesn't care if you text her or not.

Just move on and be more quick with your responses. There's no reason to be upset at all. That's how you lose out.
>>
>>17228394

would it be overboard to ask where it's going

she does eventually respond to everything I ask it's just she takes a while. and from what I understand, she is legit busy a lot.. but still. Will I just be shooting myself in the foot if she does actually have interest in me?
>>
>>17228407
From experience, I'm going to say it's pretty unlikely that she's into you.

And if she lives so far away now that you can't see her, what makes you think anything would change of you were a thing?

I suggest cutting it off completely, because it's likely to cause you nothing but more frustration in the future. Keep it going if you want, but don't place all of her emotions in one basket.

Asking her where its going is a good way to burn it to the ground, or will at least give you the opportunity to do so.

Focus on the people around you, not someone so far away.
>>
>>17228334
It means you're not top priority in her life.

If a girl is REALLY feeling you she will stop almost anything she's doing to text you back.
>>
>>17228434
*don't place all of your emotions in her basket* is what I meant to say. Dann phone autocomplete.
>>
>>17228394
>>17228434
Let me counter these respondents. not everyone is a good and immediate texter.

I would go more off more of a face to face meeting. I have a close friend with mutual attraction who has the same sort of responses when we do text which is like once or twice a month (see her 3 out of 4 weekends)

this is a better response to the texting question.
>>17228437
Its not necessarily a bad thing that she puts a top priority enough to text you all the time. I personally am I ok with an independent person.

However the more alarming thing is the 4 hours away part you said. I assume you never see each other and off of that assumption you should probably end it. Not worth getting to know someone who just wants to do on and off text in the first place.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.