[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Be honest, would you date someone with a lot of scars?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 3
File: 012.jpg (258 KB, 750x421) Image search: [Google]
012.jpg
258 KB, 750x421
Be honest, would you date someone with a lot of scars?
>>
Depends. Are you a hot girl?
>>
>>17227373
not self inflicted scars. I don't have time for that mess.
>>
>>17227373
It wouldn't matter to me. In fact it would probably make me feel less alone to date somebody else who understands that kinda thing
>>
File: tumblr_nrhlrtkXZP1r3ftpno1_1280.jpg (270 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nrhlrtkXZP1r3ftpno1_1280.jpg
270 KB, 1280x960
>>17227379
well let's say a girl that has a 10/10 hot body is actually covered in scars, would you still think she's attractive?
>>
>>17227418
Attractive is more than physical looks alone. One can be charming and kind which will make one appear more attractive.

If you're a guy wanting to date her, then it's up to to accept her arms, some guys would, some wouldn't.

If you're the girl in the picture than the same advice applies.
>>
>>17227418
There are also therapies you can use to reduce visible scars if they bother you. Google it.
>>
Self inflicted? No. Get some therapy instead.
>>
>>17227418
>10/10
>Covered in scars

Sorry, but no. If I was shallow enough to be drawn to her for her looks, I'm shallow enough to dismiss her because of her looks. Scars aren't attractive.

That said, people are generally a lot more open-minded that they used to be.

Overall, I don't think anybody who is genuinely interested in you would really be so callous as to disregard you because of a few scars. Though, they may be concerned as to whether or not you are still suffering from mental illness, or whether these scars are merely remnants.
>>
If they were older than a decade, maybe. But I would not trust her as much as I would a girl who didn't have any. Recent scars, fuck no. I don't need that mess.
>>
Recent scars no but if I was 100% in the green that it is a thing of the past then probably if she's nice and all.
Bitchy people are annoying and I can't/won't deal with them in private.
>>
What about acne scars?
>>
>>17227373
yeah, you stop noticing the scars after some time anyway
>>
Self-inflicted scars? Absolutely not.
Any other kind? Sure.
>>
>>17227373
Yes, of course. Any kind of scars, including acne, self-harm, etc.

Flaws make people interesting. If i had to live with some plastic bimbo for the rest of my life, i'd blow my brains out.
>>
>>17227373
Scars are one of my fetishes.
>>
>>17227860
Not like it's their fault
>>
>>17227373
Yeah but only because I'm desperate and screwed up myself
>>
>>17227373
no ew
>>
>>17227383
oh if its by accidednt idc
>>
No way. I would get depressed seeing that all the time even if they'd gone through therapy and was alright now.

If they got them covered in tattoos then i wouldn't mind dating them.
>>
>>17227903
damn you're retarded
>>
>>17227373
I'm pretty much covered in a variety of different smaller and medium scars. I've added 5 new independent scars to my right hand just this year so far.

Living life to its fullest means collecting scars, physical or emotional. To deliberately inflict scars on oneself is a cry for attention an effort to become interesting. I prefer the earned scars, even on girls, unless they're extraordinarily disfiguring.
>>
Hell no, no way I'm dealing with a suicidal bitch. Been there done that, never going back
>>
>>17227373
I would have to really demonstrate they are over it and grew up to be functional human beings.
>>
>>17227373
depends on what they were from.
if they are self inflicted, i will lol, nope, and gtfo in that order
>>
No, that's scary for a bunch of different reasons.
>>
Only if they'd quit hurting themselves. I used to self injure, and don't have the patience to date someone who currently does.

While I strongly empathize with those who struggle, I need a partner who can handle his emotions like a grown man.
>>
If it's scars from working, fuck yeah.

Self harm scars or caused by someone else, never. Those scars scream "don't let me pass on my genes".
>>
Unless the person have inflicted the scarf themselves, i don't see the problem. Selfharmers can fuck off though.
>>
>>17227418

Scars could look attractive, but it'd depend on the girl. Like, if she looked cute and innocent, but then I see the scars, I'd pity her and see her as something to be cared for rather than loved. But if it is the badass type which for the most part only lives in films, then they could further her looks and make her look dangerous in a hot way.
>>
>>17227373
If they were self inflicted then hell no. That shit just screams lazy attention whore to me. There are ways to put yourself through physical pain without permanantly disfiguring yourself.
>>
>regular scars

sure

>self harm scars

fuck no get away from me
>>
Self inflicted scars obviously reflect a rather bad case of mental health, but I have dated someone with them(she had PTSD) and would do it again if we clicked.
>>
>>17227418
That looks fucked up. Self harm is a sign of a problematic girl. I could tolerate if her scars were only covering 1/5 of her arm. That pic is 5/5 and I would date but never make her my gf.
That image cries mental issues. Mental issues = not gf material
>>
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I wanted to say, for the sake of OP reading all the "scars are disgusting" and "cutting yourself is weak" comments, don't ever think that. As far as I'm concerned accepting someone's scars is exactly the same as accepting someone's past. Keep doing you xxx
>>
Cutting yourself is not weak, and scars are not disgusting. As far as I'm concerned, accepting someone's scars is exactly the same as accepting their past. Keep doing you OP, and ignore the negative comments. xx
>>
Went on a date with a girl last night who had a fair few scars, ranging from 'plz give me attention' along the wrist, to 'kill me' up the corridor and it seriously did not put me off. Then again, she was smoking hot and didn't really look like the type.

I think it does depend a lot on you as a person, in the same way that some people don't find tattoos or whatever attractive, but scars are much less black and white.

>>17229249
This anon gets it.
>>
>Be honest, would you date someone with a lot of scars?
>would you date
>date
>fuck
>would you fuck
>Be honest, would you fuck someone with a lot of scars?

Yeah, with a condom and only in situations where I can hose off my junk in a shower afterwards.
If you mean "Would you consider them for marriage?" No.
>>
Cannot stress enough that cuts should not be labelled according to depth or location. Attention seeking is still not a valid motive, by this I mean someone cutting themseld is not just doing it for attention, hurting yourself is pretty extreme in any sense, they obviously are trying to deal with something.
>>
Sure, I like scars. I also like pure white skin, though.
>>
Honestly I didn't know there was a really strong stigma attached to it until people brought it up. Now I'm more wary of it, I feel like it's a bit of a stigma but not really. Yeah I'd date someone if they were otherwise amazing.
>>
I dated someone who self harmed for two and a half years. After many phone call from her crying that she had broken the promise to stop and after two suicide attempts, it finally broke me. I wound up in the hospital for 5 days. She turned me into a cutter, I just cut her out of my life. No words. No explanation. ....

I still love her though.
>>
>>17227373
Are the scars self inflicted?

Scars from self-harm? Ew, no.

Scars from surgery or an accident or whatever? Kinda depends on how disfiguring they are. Probably, yeah.
>>
>>17229766
Fuck that. Fuck you. Cutting yourself is disgusting.
>>
>>17227373
As long as they're well past it, I don't care. They start back up and I'm gone. I've had a friend that used to self harm a lot, and that was just toxic, I couldn't imagine having someone like a SO like that.
>>
>>17230302
>She turned me into a cutter
No, you're just fucking stupid.
"Oh boohoo my girlfriend that I'm too weak to break up with cuts herself so I might as well do the same thing"
>>
>>17227373
Yes, I married someone with a lot of scars. I know this is a blasphemous thing to say on /adv/, but some people with self-harm issues actually do get better.
>>
>>17227418
HOLY SHIT RED FLAG RED FLAG
>>
i know a girl that has literally 100+ scars on both her arms. she is really nice and id say 8/10 she never covers her arms and is not cutting anymore. she also heppens to have one of the healthiest relationships ive seen. so i really dont think its a big deal.
>>
I did and she ended up dumping me after "realising" she was a lesbian, not before cheating on me with a grill though.
So aye, not doing that again.
>>
>>17227373
Yes, you can take advantage of them.
>>
File: Char_hanako.png (60 KB, 180x300) Image search: [Google]
Char_hanako.png
60 KB, 180x300
Pic is evidence for yes.

But being serious 1) there's a girl irl who has burn scars on the whole left of her body, but is still hot (though almost none on her head besides a scratch below her eye). 2) I fucking hope so, since my face is a bit jacked up as well. 3) there is way more to it than just looks
>>
If you seem to have your shit together I wouldn't mind at all, I've been severely depressed as well I know what it's like, I was really tempted to do it but didn't because I didn't want my parents and friends to worry about me.
>>
People who cut themselves are fucking disgusting human beings, been around them enough to know

So if its intentional, absolutely not.
>>
As somebody with a ton of self-harm scars, no.
God no.
That is like 900 red flags with a klaxon alarm in the background.
>>
Sounds like borderline personality disorder.
>>
>>17231139

>muh slightly scarred cute animu girl

fuck off, real burn victims don't look like that. Don't act like you have any idea what you're talking about.
>>
Don't want to start a new thread for this so...

Girls, what would you think of a guy with a cigar burn on his inner forearm?

It's about half an inch wide, white, and about 4 years old. I'm just kind of curious what people on the outside looking in think of something like it.
>>
>>17230683
He was making a shitty pun about cutting and cutting her out of his life.
>>
>>17229795
Yes this.

Self-harm is just a (self-destructive) coping mechanism that people use when they're faced with emotional pain that is too great for their typical coping mechanisms to handle.

Part of it can be attention seeking, but it's usually (also) a coping mechanism for emotional pain. People need to realize that it isn't always attention seeking behavior.
>>
>>17231445
I'd think you were abused by your father. Something something Breakfast Club.
>>
This thread makes me sad.
>>
>>17227373
it would honestly depend if she/he were recovered, i have a shit ton of old self harm scars on my body but was able to over come it.

if they're still doing it, i don't think i'd be able to stand it, since i know how fucking annoying it can be to someone who loves you to watch you do that to yourself.

>>17227903
you do realize tattoos aren't going to cover up scars? they can help but you'll always know that scar is there anyways

>>17229047
this

>>17231419
not always, mine was a symptom of a genetic brain disease and epilepsy that gave me schizophrenic symptoms. many people cut because of an overwhelming sense of anxiety, such as ptsd and other anxiety disorders.

people aren't always equipped with safe coping mechanisms.
>>
>>17227373
Yeah, my maternal instincts would kick in and would try my best to make her smile all the time,
but thats just me, i tend to do that for everyone who seems to be in a shitty time
>>
Nope, the body is an indicator of ones physical and mental health therefore scarring just screams that they are mentally challenged individuals.
>>
No emos are faggots
>>
Yes. I've been with one who cut for "fun", and one who cut for "coping" both while I was with them the lessened but continued. I'm now with someone that used to cut and now has visible scars that she calls mistakes. Nothing wrong with it. You can't know everyone's story until you get to know them closely. Never dismiss for something like that, who knows, you could help them out of it.
>>
No. Wouldn't even fuck. Damaged, crazy goods. Would worry about her getting depressed and doing something crazy like killing me too.
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.