[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pic related is wifes 4 month old belly button piercing, the infection
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: IMG_20160606_210517.jpg (162 KB, 800x1066) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160606_210517.jpg
162 KB, 800x1066
Pic related is wifes 4 month old belly button piercing, the infection has been there since almost 3 weeks. Sometimes it got worse, sometimes better, right now it's worse than ever.
The piercer plays it down and is way too optimistic.
She also cleans it everyday multiple times with a q-tip and the recommended desinfection solution.
What do?
>>
Go to the doctor you stupid fucking retard
>>
Doctor. I also had an infected navel piercing, some oral antibiotics cleared it right up. All that sea salt shit didn't help at all.
>>
What is the piercing made of? She could be allergic to whatever material it is. It might be best to just remove it for now.
>>
Medfag here. This is a serious infection. You need to take her to see a doctor immediately. This is the kind of thing that kills people left untreated.
>>
>>17227142
Alright thanks, i'm sure that'd be the best solution then.
>>17227143
I believe some kind of stainless steel, she read that you should not take it out during an infection bevause the wound could close up and the infection would be inside the body.
>>
>>17227156
Thanks for the advice, why would this be so dangerous though?
>>
Bro take that shit out. She's pregnant.
>>
>>17227126
>>17227156
>>17227162
>>17227162
it's probably not surgical steel, else she wouldn't be this allergic to it. or maybe there's some dirt inside? idk. my mom had the same reaction because she kept buying cheap shit. a surgeon friend had to take it out and put in another. took a lot of time but she's ok now
>>
>For 3 weeks
Your piercer is a fucking hack. You should never have an infection for that long.

>>17227162
>>17227720
Some people have bad reactions even to surgical steel with piercings. I have to use titanium rings and studs in my cartilage piercings because otherwise they never stop being irritated.
>>
>>17227169
Because it's a goddamn infection and it can spread to other tissues and to her blood and her heart. It is literally eating her. Jesus Christ you're an idiot. Take her to the doctor.
>>
It's 2016, why do people still get these
>>
File: MxtoDMO.png (928 KB, 1019x739) Image search: [Google]
MxtoDMO.png
928 KB, 1019x739
What do?? Go to the doctor that's what do you idiot
>>
1. remove piercings
2. cure infection
3. Don't wear piercings

Seriously, if she can't go 4 months without developing a serious infection, she really doesn't need to be doing this kind of thing
>>
does she have a fucking shower or no
>>
inb4 op's wife dies of an undiagnosed blood infection
>>
>Surgical Steel is made of a variety of alloys. Many of them are used for body jewelry, but only a few specific grades are proven
biocompatible: steel that is ASTM F-138 compliant or ISO 5832-1 compliant; ISO 10993-(6,10, or 11) compliant.

"surgical steel" as a term without any specific grade is worthless. get a better piercer. find someone who is part of the APP if available. also, go to the doctor in case of an infection that needs antibiotic treatment.
>>
Go to a doctor you idiot
>>
>>17227169
Septicemia - blood poisoning would be a good start to killing her off.

Certain types of baterial infections that are not serious in the derma (skin) can destroy organs.
>>
RIP ops wife
Shoulda been smarter and married someone other than an idiot
>>
Thanks for the replies, she is at the doctor right now.
>>
>>17227169
Medfag again, I thought this was common knowledge.
>>17227899
This
>>
>>17229134
>Septicemia

10/10 would not recommended. If I wasn't already in the hospital for other injuries, they wouldn't have been able to pump me with various antibiotics.
>>
>>17227126
go to a doctors
>>
>>17227126
You're going to need to get that removed & replaced. The girl that is, not the piercing.
>>
>>17229361
Apperantly it is an allergic reaction and has to be removed, that is what the doctor said atleast. So girl has not died and i keep her around for a while.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.