[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>25 in a few months >been neet for 4 years >no job
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1454234405183.gif (29 KB, 557x605) Image search: [Google]
1454234405183.gif
29 KB, 557x605
>25 in a few months
>been neet for 4 years
>no job experience

I had to drop out of school due to lyfe problems,
I had the possibility to go back a couple of years after
but I was in a bad place and started wasting my days away.

Sometime ago I get the change of landing a job thanks to an organization that's trying to solve the neet problem.
I fuck it up and don't get the job, go back being a neet with no future.
Age limit for the program is 25 years and I might not be elegible if they do it again.

I really don't want to waste my life away, I know I have potential to have at least a normal life.

Right now I'm just hoping I'll get in the next chance.
I'm afraid that the fact I didn't complete my education will haunt me forever tough, pratically AND as a matter of pride.

I just wish I didn't fuck up so badly.
>>
i mean, a job is a necessity, it allows people to survive their lifestyles.

Have your parents been paying for your lifestyle until now? I mean like rent and food and such.
>>
>>17226391
Get off your ass and do something.

It really is that simple. There are no secret formulas for de-NEETing yourself. You just have to decide to do it and get out there.

Ah, you say, but I am psychologically/spiritually crippled by my NEETdom and can not make myself get off my ass and do something.

Bullshit. It will be hard and it will be scary, but the only way to do it is to do it, and the only one who can make you do it is you.
>>
>>17226391
Isn't hard at all to stop being a fucking NEET.
Stop being a lazy fucker and go find work. It's literally that simple.
>>
>>17226440
Live with my father, I've a pretty good amount of money from an heritance, split the bils.

>>17226466
No I'm not crippled by my NEETdom,
but nobody is going to hire me if not out of pity, and right now I don't know anybody that could do that.
My aunt was thinking about quitting her high paying job to open a store and asked me to help, but it's going nowhere for now I think.
>>
>>17226391
Volunteered at a Charity Shop myself for a year, unpaid and did it 5 days a week. Got myself into a routine and I treated it like a proper job.

Met new people and boosted my social skills, gained pride and confidence. Applied for a job in customer service retail and got one. Saved for three years till I had enough money for a deposit on my own house. Found myself a better paying job, £16500, which to many people isn't much but to me an ex neet it is everything. Live by myself in my own house, I don't drive, I cycle and have a boosted social circle. I have no gf but hey I'm getting there.

You need just one step, im 28 now and started at 24ish. Get out there man.
>>
>>17226661
Everyone's situation is different. There is no cookie cutter solution. I work customer service and I'm still terrible around people outside of work.

How the fuck did you save up enough for a house in 3 years? The housing market must be much different in the UK than in the US.
>>
>>17226733
A deposit for a house over here is usually 1/10 of its value or more.
>>
>>17226828
You fool, you have debt now! If you hit hard financial times, you're going to have a tough time paying off that mortgage.
>>
>>17226391
Start working construction. It will be deeply unpleasant and hard but no one asks for cvs or any of that shite. A few months of that will be a big long slap in the face and will make you think hard about what is important to you.
>>
>>17226733
>Everyone's situation is different. There is no cookie cutter solution. I work customer service and I'm still terrible around people outside of work.

Same here. I am great at customer service. I can make small talk easily and help in whatever situation they may have. Buf outside of that area, I am shit. I carry disdain for much of the human race and I share little interests with what the general population finds 'enjoyable'.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.