[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A good friend of mine broke up with the guy she was seeing 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
A good friend of mine broke up with the guy she was seeing 2 days ago. I plan to ask her out on Thursday, because we've planned to hang out then, so I'll ask her then.

She was barely seeing the guy for a month and a half. And I've known her for about a year. I've already comforted her about it and she seems nonchalant about him.
(He was needy af and trying to pull the "where is our relationship going" card)

How do I not get pic related?
>>
Be really, really attractive.
>>
>>17226382
Well, fuck
>>
>>17226369
Two days is way too soon.
Also, been her friend for a year, not having made a move, she clearly thinks of you as friend and the fact she agreed to go out with that normie proves it.
You deep in the friendzone fag.

Still, you can break the cycle.
Ask her out freely, but should have been done sooner. If she says no, never come back.

And never do this kind of shit again, or you'l give cancer to other people as well.

...it's too late for me, cancer got me as soon as I started reading
>>
>>17226390

Ive known her for a year, but most of that she's lived 4hour drive away and I didn't get a car until september.
I tried asking her out last november, but when we were talking she was saying how she is a late bloomer and has never dated or anything, and how she was too anxious to ever date.

Now shes not so anxious and we are much better friends.

Also, she knew him for just as long as she knew me.
>>
>>17226406
Both 20 in university btw
>>
> How do I not get pic related?
If she wants to be with you, she will. If she doesn't, you'll get pic related. It's mostly not really up to you.

Another anon suggested that two days is way too soon, but if she's not sad about the break up I'd say waste no time. Or you could try to be sneaky and ask the right question to try to figure out whether she wants another relationship right now.
>>
It's not an issue of being too soon, it's and issue of defining it as a date. If you're hanging out anyway, you don't need to agree about the premises for going out, you can't just make her feel good and have fun. What you do in the time you spend with each other is what makes it a 'date'

Two words:
>build attraction

Once again: What you DO - not what you call it.
If you want to have dinner with her, you don't have to say 'hey Anonette, do you want to do me the honour of eating in my company?' - you can just hang out and casually bring up being hungry, and that you should 'grab something to eat. Hey why not make it fancy and go to a restaurant, my treat! You in?'
>>
>>17226442
No. Wrong.
He won't get pic related if he doesn't ask about dating and relationship prospects.

Just do the thing and be the man, she won't have to reject anything if you don't ask questions about what it is and what it can be, just act as if you're in already.
>>
>>17226458
>you CAN* just make her feel good and have fun
and you should.
>>
File: how-to-be-a-male-model[1].jpg (29 KB, 400x267) Image search: [Google]
how-to-be-a-male-model[1].jpg
29 KB, 400x267
>>17226369
>How do I not get pic related?
Simple, look like this
>>
>>17226458
If i just casually hang out its stupid, shes anxious about dating, it wont lead anywhere. I need to actually let her know that i am an option.

For further clarification, we are going to an indoor trampoline park, i intend to ask her out at the end as we walk back to my car, or in the car.

Also, she has problems with affection. She doesn't like hugging, and im the only non-family she hugs. We actually had to have a talk about it because im shorter and shes taller, so we had to figure out where our arns go, and where i need to rest my head so i dont motorboat her.
>>
>>17226499
This is a cringy read dude.

>If i just casually hang out its stupid
What is stupid about it. People on dates don't mutually agree to have a good time, they have a good time when good stuff happen. You can make it happen, she doesn't have to premeditate on feeling good in your company in order to catch feels.

>shes anxious about dating, it wont lead anywhere.
So don't call it a date.

>I need to actually let her know that i am an option.
By acting like an option. By BEING an option. If you have to tell her, tell her jokingly AS you're having a good time, IF her having options has already been a topic of conversation. It should go something like '...don't worry about it, babe. You know I can be an option, right?' Nudge shoulders and smile with eye contact.

>For further clarification, we are going to an indoor trampoline park, i intend to ask her out at the end as we walk back to my car, or in the car.
Oh, so you want to make her feel trapped in your car when you ask her? Why don't you take a walk with her and watch some lights and grab a snack and talk about how nice it is to spend time together instead?

>Also, she has problems with affection. She doesn't like hugging, and im the only non-family she hugs. We actually had to have a talk about it because im shorter and shes taller, so we had to figure out where our arns go, and where i need to rest my head so i dont motorboat her.

Jesus wow. And how is this problems with affection? Just build attraction for god's sake. Touch her, make her feel used to being touched by you. While you do other stuff than talking about how you want to touch her and date her and being affectionate. Just go 'let's go over here' and lead her by briefly touching the small of her back. You do this enough times, she'll get used to feeling safe next to you.
>>
>>17226384
https://youtu.be/-xPjsTyS4lY?t=1m40s
>>
>>17226537
This guys good, listen to him OP
>>
>>17226537
some really good advice here, take heed fellow anons

one problem OP has is that he's really focused on the words--he wants to tell her that he's an option, he wants to ask her on a date, etc. None of that shit matters dog, just labels. What matters is how you make this girl FEEL. You don't have to call it a date or anything, just take her out. Formal dates are kind of an antiquated notion these days anyway.

Take her out and show her a good time. Make her laugh. Ask questions about her, anything, it doesn't really matter, girls will talk forever if given the opportunity. If she likes you, you'll know.

Cyndi Lauper's Girls Just Want to Have Fun is literally the truth
>>
>>17226369
Don't try and be a rebound.
Regardless of how long the relationship was, asking her out within a week of being single isn't the way to go.
Leave it a month at the very least, or until she tells you that she is looking to meet someone.
>>
>>17226537
>>17226851

Listen to these guys.

I would also like to add that as someone already said, 2 days (even tho you say it wasnt serious) is too soon. ( Its not good to be a rebound)
I would suggest to just have a good time and ask her to hang out again at a later date.

Also, dont get stuck at "I have known her longer than etc etc" because that doesnt matter, her feelings are what matters. I have known a girl for 14 years but neither of us think of each other as more than friends.

And I hate to be that guy but, you said that she turned you down already, what she said sounds to me like an excuse to not hurt you but at the same time turn you down.
Im not saying that its hopeless, just that you should keep that in mind. HOWEVER you should ask her again to get closure.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.