[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I ask for more money?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_20160530_073150.jpg (2 MB, 4160x2340) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160530_073150.jpg
2 MB, 4160x2340
So used to work at Walgreens, at the front register. I made 8.50 per hour, hated it.

Any customer that came in that looked like he did work, like carpentry, painting, plumbing ect, well I asked what he did and after he told me I'd ask him if he needed help. Had two different guys say yeah, even exchanged numbers and that turned into nothing, they'd just say next week so on and so forth.

Finally one of the customers said yes, I worked a day with him, made sure he had enough work, was legit ect.

He pays me $13 cash (under the table no taxes) which is a big raise to me. My brother , however, keeps telling me to find a union, that I'm worth more, that this guy should be paying me $18 per hour if he's paying me cash which is what it'd cost him if he paid me $13 properly, with taxes, workers comp, and unemployment insurance.

Should I ask my employer for more money? Oh, I refinish and repair decks and piers btw. I'm still learning also, he wants to get me to the point where I can do everything on my own, which will be soon.
>>
>>17226277
Work hard first, build a reputation that you are worth $18 first.
>>
>>17226298
This.

Also, it's a cash under the table job, you ask this guy for more money and he's probably just going to find someone who will work for that, or even less. Find a legit job if you want the benefits of it.
>>
>>17226315
He's been working by himself for a while end he's 56. It's hard to find reliable, hard-working people who are sober and don't have a criminal record in south Florida.

A big part is the fact I worked a cash register means I had back round check done on me, I can be trusted.
>>
>>17226298
This is what I was thinking. He already has 6 more jobs for us to do after 2 weeks. It would've taken him a month each job before i came along.
>>
>>17226562
a thief that's never been caught is still a thief.
>>
>>17227123
And a faggot that never came out of the closet is still a faggot.
>>
>>17226277
>under the table
> no taxes

Sounds legit until you get audited.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.