[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm in an open'ish relationship for the first time,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: FlowerHeart.jpg (486 KB, 2400x2400) Image search: [Google]
FlowerHeart.jpg
486 KB, 2400x2400
I'm in an open'ish relationship for the first time, and have been for about 4 months now. People keep warning me to not get too invested, and cautioning me that while this sort of thing might be a lot of fun, it won't last. I'm really enjoying it, and it seems like a natural fit for me. I'd really like to take things to the next level, and get a place together, but a bunch of my friends are acting like I'm crazy. I'm really happy with this guy though, and want to move things forward.

Are relationships like mine really that doomed from the start? If so, why does this feel so natural and easy to me then?
>>
Dont do it. You need to think that hes probably fucking other girls too, which might be what hes up with right now.

If anything, talk to him about it. But dont rush anything and think thru it, dont get dissapointed aswell if you dont get the response you expected.
>>
>>17225646
In my experience when people push for open relationships they're just fucking you until something better comes along.
The whole polyamory thing is an excuse to sleep around but to still have a sense of stability in life. If you're not okay with him fucking or pursuing other people it will be a very bad timr and these relationships tend to go up in flames very quickly.
So, use your judgement and try to be open with him about your needs.
>>
>>17225658
Oh course he's with other women. He's done stuff with friends of mine right in front of me, with my encouragement.
>>
>>17225646
>Are relationships like mine really that doomed from the start?
Yes.
>If so, why does this feel so natural and easy to me then?
Because minimal commitment is fucking easy.
>>
>>17225688
I hear what you're saying, but I don't think we're minimally committed. If he was hurt, I'd help him. If he needed something I'd do my best to provide it. I feel safe with him, and loved by him. I'm also interested in living with him. How isn't this commitment?
>>
>>17225765
Because you haven't actually committed yet.
>>
>>17225769
If you define commitment as monogamy, then sure. I don't personally see any reason to define it that way, and in fact feel much closer to who I'm with now than I ever did with past partners, all of which I was totally monogamous with.

So am I committed by your definition? No.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.