[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Career resources?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: 1460162262648.jpg (144 KB, 800x791) Image search: [Google]
1460162262648.jpg
144 KB, 800x791
So i'd like to become a voice-over artist someday, or at least work towards that end. Trouble is, I have no idea where to start, and as far as microphones and/or filters for recording from home, I have no idea what kinds models i'd ideally look for, I suppose this would be a general resource thread
>>
AT2020 xlr version with a focusrite Scarlett solo, pop filter, shock mount, mounted on a boom arm.

If you have a walk in closet convert that to your recording booth. Otherwise either buy an isolation shield or build one and do it somewhere else.
>>
Bumping for interest

I actually live in L.A. and wonder how to go about just going to Hollywood and auditioning. I have no professional experience whatsoever, but have been told by teachers and friends this may be an untapped talent of mine.
>>
Have you tried auditioning for open calls over the web? Gotten any feedback on how good your acting is versus sound quality of voice?
>>
>>17225845
Well OP is asking for what equipment to get int he first place, whereas I assume if I go to a real life audition all I have to do is have a good voice and they will have the technicians operate the equipment.
>>
Your first inclination shouldn't be what kind of microphone you need. If you wanted to become a film actor it would seem very odd to worry about what kind of camera you owned.

Instead go and act. Find indie game developers that need free voice actors. Make your own animations or use a game maker and put in your own voices. Create Let's Play videos that use a lot of silly voices. Do some improv, local theatre, or student radio. Create your own characters and go do an open mic night. Study phonetics, language, and read interviews with professional voice actors.

It will only take you a quick google search to find a decent budget microphone you can use if you need one beyond a bluetooth at this stage.
>>
>>17225642
99% of voiceover work is done by established professional actors picking up some easy money on the side, and 99% of hiring is through their agents.

There is little to no opportunity for beginners in the field.
>>
>>17225845
OP here, little late but, yeah i'm up for anything, if anyone had any webcalls and such in mind that they could direct to, I would be delighted!
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.