[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what to do about devil account number ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: dev.png (14 KB, 402x402) Image search: [Google]
dev.png
14 KB, 402x402
I moved into a new apartment recently and they use a seperate company for utility billing which of course gave me an account number ending in 666...

yikes

I'm not a total xtian by most measures but some things set me off and this is one of them. I sent a few emails, did some internet searching about that company lots of negative reviews, called their customer service, griped to the apartment manager

The account numbers are automatically generated when a new tenant moves in, so I suggested they click some computer keys and just pretend I moved out & moved back in a week later. They replied & will "consider" changing my account number next week after getting past the end of month rush, but this didn't happen

Compared to other types, this account for utility bill-ing also seems kind of simple & easy to change. If I got a credit card or bank account or electric account, I'm guessing those companies would be quicker to give me a different number. Even a car tag could be returned and I doubt any state in USA would refuse my request for new tag. A mortgage or car loan would be more difficult for company to change I can see that but this utility bill-ing process is nowhere near that complex.

How to deal with this problem if I get stuck with this 666 devil account number ?
>>
File: dev2.gif (18 KB, 292x290) Image search: [Google]
dev2.gif
18 KB, 292x290
>>17225059
and what I've thought about so far...

Many possibilities:

Just ignore it - I don't think this would work for me because that symbol triggers too much

Change my beliefs - Converting to satanism or some other faith also doesn't work for me

Complain - I did this, politely at first, then more insistent, then irritatingly etc

Do something troublesome - Many negative thoughts here but I'm not a criminal so not happening

Live with it - This doesn't work for me either, that's like "living with" a cancer spot on your skin instead of going to dermatologist to get it treated

Move to new apartment - At end of lease I will reconsider this approach

Interpret it somehow - This phase is where I'm at now. Not spilling all the beans about my personal life but I tried to put this event into some kind of context which helped quite a bit. Kind of like understanding a bible verse, just looking at it is not enough, the surrounding paragraph, chapter & book are also needed.

Advocate for social change - A huge task. It seems likely that if xnity was very popular in USA the computer program that company uses would not even generate numbers with 666 in them. This would need some extra coding but I did my career as a programmer and can confidently state this effort is very minor compared to scope of that kind of software. But looking back at my career I could not imagine suggesting this kind of feature, documenting it in the specs, discussing with design group except maybe at an already religious company.
>>
>>17225059
A lot of businesses will change your account/reference number if it happens to have the numeric string "666" in it somewhere because there are a lot of retards in the world and they realize they have to cater to them.

It's like how most buildings don't have a floor numbered "13": it freaks out the retards.

So make the request again.

Realistically though, the "number of the beast" is "666" (or possibly 616). That's "six hundred sixty six", not "three sixes in a row". So "1666" or "56667" or any stupid shit like that are not the "number of the beast".

If you're going to be a moron like that, then EVERY number "contains" the number of the beast. Like for example, 1000 is just 334+666.

The smart thing to do is to realize that this is a stupid thing to worry about and to get over it.
>>
Nero, please....
>>
Forward the funds to muh paypal and cancel the account.
>>
>>17225059
The devil's number is actually 616

Fucking transcription error
>>
>>17225059
Read the Bible. The number of the beast is NOT 666. That's an error that filtered into the culture from horror movies. 666 is a perfectly innocent number.
>>
>>17226128
>read the Bible
>implying Revelations ought to be in the Bible
Papist pls
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.