[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have this mental block that prevents me from focusing when
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
I have this mental block that prevents me from focusing when studying.
What the fuck is this and how do I stop it?
(i do suffer from depression and anxiety btw, so that may be why)
>>
>>17222554
I have exact same shit. The worst part is that back in the day I was a great student but there's just something that prevents me from doing anything connected with studying. my psychologist said it can be a thyroid problem so I'm going to check that
>>
Its called procrastination, there's no cure.

enjoy your shit life faggot
>>
>>17222584
this isn't procrastination.
>>
boom
>>
File: costofliving1938.jpg (111 KB, 598x811) Image search: [Google]
costofliving1938.jpg
111 KB, 598x811
>>17222554
Leave school as soon as you can, and just get your GED later

School is 99% bullshit and you shouldn't want to focus on it anyway. Drop out and get paid somewhere.
>>
>>17222869
100% agree. i dropped out and aced my ged, 6 years later im making 150k a year and about to open my own buisiness. you dont need school to make money.
>>
>>17222971
>>17222869
Nice bait.
>>
>>17222971
>>17222869
I agree with a caveat. There are some careers where school is not necessary and can even be a hindrance by putting you into severe debt. There's also other ways of receiving training, such as learning a trade (e.g. car mechanics) or becoming an apprentice (e.g. tattoo artist) or studying on your own and taking certification tests (e.g. IT tech)

But there are also some careers where school is absolutely required, like medicine.

School can also be useful for making you work when you don't have the means or the drive to self-teach. However, failing out isn't good.

OP, try to address the depression and anxiety. Those both make it harder for work up the motivation to do things, as well as to focus and retain memory.

Get help, and get it now. I flunked out of college because of untreated mental health issues before, and I am not proud of that. If I had sucked it up and gotten help, I would have been able to stay in and not have wasted all that money. Now that I've gotten help, things are fine.
>>
>>17223083
what do you mean bait. i got a construction job making good money, and have been researching business and law ever since. bait.. lol
>>
>>17223287
What if I want to rule the world and take revenge on those who caused all the world wars and help get rid of the Black problem?

Stay in school bro?
>>
>>17223431
well in that case. all you need to do is play on a nations weaknesses to be elected into office. then gradually reform it into a dictatorship. all you need to do that is to be a great public speaker. school wont do that for you lol
>>
>>17223564
also. cough* trump 2016 lol
>>
>>17223567
Although he essentially talks like a 9 yr old. He'd have to be more charismatic like Hitler and so on.
>>
>>17223593
agreed.
>>
>>17223593
Or just good looking an /fit/
>>
I had this in some measure.

Do you obsess a lot over doing something to an unrealistically perfect standard? (The sense of non-completeness could be attributed to that)

It could be so many things it's hard to even generalize. You could on some level feel guilty because studying lends you a false sense of superiority thereby putting more distance between you and your peers. Subconsciously, you want the exact opposite of this to happen perhaps, hence the conflict.

I would suggest this

1. Remove or investigate any sense of superiority that you notice coming on with the more knowledge you amass.
2. Find out what you really want out of your present condition. This might be a little hard as it could very well involve doing something you would otherwise feel adverse to (if you're the loner type and identify with this self-image, your subconscious could be hinting towards trying to seek out more friends)
3. There are some things that have an inherent humbling effect and help your ground yourself. Looking up really accomplished/intellectual people online could be one such activity. Also, finding peer groups with the same academic tastes as yours would be another (like freenode)

I may be way off base here.
>>
>>17222554
you probably are tired, you probably have a to do list, in front of computer (you feel like you need to be up to date with feeds), or are lonely.
>>
>>17223650
holy shit, this helped so much.
thank you anon!
>>
>>17223650
NotOP. In my case it's because I've been burning my poor thyroid and cerebellum with self-suggested depression for at least 4 years now. I kept informing my brain that I'm too autistic to socialize and to not worry because I'll be dead within 1 year. This in turn made my body lose weight and stop height growth, I could also notice a distinct dumbdown of vocabulary, lack of sensory skills, reaction, cognitive, etc.

Well I spooked and confused the living shit out of my poor brain. It kept telling itself that it's dying, but it kept getting confused and scared that the death is never coming. So it got stuck on a degenerative stand-by.

There, you can actually control your brain through auto-suggestion, for the better or for the worse.
>>
http://www.webmd.com/women/understanding-thyroid-problems-symptoms
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.