[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am not very attractive (5/10) so I don't get a lot of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 1440715898969.jpg (99 KB, 900x319) Image search: [Google]
1440715898969.jpg
99 KB, 900x319
I am not very attractive (5/10) so I don't get a lot of flirting or date requests from guys. I know given the odds, I could easily get a casual boyfriend if I took initiative, but not being single seems very weird to me. I have never been in a relationship before.

I get lonely sometimes, but for the most part I'm fine being single for now.

Should I pursue a relationship through actively playing the field, or just let it be? I feel like since I've never had a relationship, I don't know what I'm missing, but is that for the best?
>>
Might be worth trying, to get some experience. If it isn't right for you, then you can just go back to not dating.
>>
Don't think of it as "missing out." If you want to date, do it. If you don't, don't.

Just don't waste other people's time if your heart's not in it.
>>
>Should I pursue a relationship through actively playing the field

end me pls
>>
You're insecure.

We're biologically programmed to seek out mates, everybody knows this. Everything else is just rationalization. You're likely still young, in your reproductive prime, so it's only natural that you would be inclined to seek out a partner. This isn't a complicated matter. That said, if we're talking about an actual life partner versus just a mate, then it's imperative that you become your own individual before seeking out another. Not only due to the relative loss of freedom and being tied to one physical location, but because you need to grow as an individual first and foremost. All these people you see around you that get into relationships straight out of school, or in school, those people become dependent on one another. They haven't lived their own life yet, they've been stuck under a roof behind a desk their entire lives, and haven't even experienced the world for what it is. When two people lean on each other like that, it's very easy for the relationship to become toxic to the individuals. It is not good to become dependent on another individual, as in time you will lose your ability to stand on your own.

You've got plenty of time to find somebody to spend your life with, so why not spend a bit of that time on yourself? Just go out, have fun, make friends, and experience new things.

You really don't need to worry about finding a partner. In time, it might very well happen naturally, and I think that's the best way for it to happen. Just meet somebody with similar interests and hobbies, and not just somebody who is willing to settle for something they may not love out of fear for being alone.
>>
>>17222192
Part of me thinks you shouldn't pursue a relationship when you don't feel like being in one. On the other hand, you might suddenly find yourself nearing 40 one day, having turned into a cat lady.

Maybe pursue one without investing too much in it (for now, atleast) for the sake of at least learning if it's something for you.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.