[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys, I have cyclic depression and I can feel it setting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 1459732430048.jpg (437 KB, 2488x1685) Image search: [Google]
1459732430048.jpg
437 KB, 2488x1685
Hey guys, I have cyclic depression and I can feel it setting on (this happens once every few weeks and can last up to a month). Usually what happens is I will start playing video games at this point and fall out of positive routines (going to class, reading, programming, etc.).

Does anyone have any advice for not letting this happen? I think maybe making a schedule, but I have trouble following those
Open to suggestions though.
>>
See a pdoc?
>>
>>17218079
just saw my therapist yesterday, we meet every two weeks, so that won't be any help anymore
was feeling fine when we met
>>
>>17218047
i'd like to know myself because the exact same thing happens to me
therapist is of absolutely no fucking help but i'm an ex-pat
the only thing that i could think of that helped me keep going through longer up cycles was 300 mg of bupropion but that stuff stops working for me about 9 months in and then i get depressed, lazy, and suicidal again
>>
A change of scenery and removing yourself from contributing factors helps. Even a walk outside or visiting a new location you've not been to before helps. The gist is to create and expand on positive associations.
For example, I am posting on /adv, which is not in my normal routine.
Happy trails and best of luck.
>>
CBT. goggle it.
>>
>>17218090
Tfw I haven't taken my meds because scared too.

It could help though, regulating mood and shit. I don't know about you, but you migjt want to stress the need to meet up more consecutively than that. I get bored of waiting and just stop going. I've finally decided to stick to a pdoc and meet every week because I'm worried schizo symtpons will come back and my irruglar mood won't help shit on it's own.
>>
>>17218179
>>17218157
I'm just going to try and fight it by changing my environment and keeping my room clean and hopefully that'll be enough to keep things from getting too bad

>>17218176
yeah I got a form for that. I'll give it a shot too
>>
>>17218189

Oh! That reminds me, keep yourself occupied is 'good'. I hate it because I'm being a sheeperson and being part of the status quo, but I got a seasonal job on the off-chance because my cat died (she's a stray that showed up in a low point in life and has been 'friend' since). It kept me busy and it was easy work with a shit tonne of hours.
Cleaning room isn't theapuetic for me, but it helps fix my ever-present discord.
>>
>>17218189
no. don't "give it a shot", you faggot. any time you find yourself thinking something that's making you sad, switch your thoughts to anything else. That candy crush level you can't beat, even. just anything productive. anything positive.

you can beat this. that's not in question. the question is:" do you want to? or are you one of those faggots that's content just saying "i have depression, so i can't do that".

man up, motherfucker (whether you're a man or a woman).

you got this.

i believe in you.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.