[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does it make sense that this upcoming half of the year is probably
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (19 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19 KB, 480x360
Does it make sense that this upcoming half of the year is probably only going to cost me somewhat over $6k? I'm a senior in college with my tuition paid for and a semesterly refund of $4.6k for living expenses. After doing the math, factoring in the cost of having a car (gas+insurance), rent($400), utilities ($50), and groceries ($200ish), I'm looking at about $6k in basic costs of living. After pooling together the money I'm making working right now, the money I'm probably going to make when I work during school, and all of my refund/loan disbursements, I'm looking at having an income of over $10k for the remainder of the year. Is this normal, am I missing something, or does it just work out that way?
>>
It does work out that way. It's just that people your age blow it on fast cars, big houses, and that's before starting a family.

Save while you can. Your retirement and financial security will thank you later.
>>
>>17213964
Well, thank god I like beater ass cars, living with nerdy roommates, and freshmen girls with low standards.

I am having a bit of a mid-midlife crisis in that I miss buying and playing video games really badly, but I've lost my /v/irginity a while ago and now all I do is photos, video, and research on random shit.
>>
>400$ rent

amerifats have it so good
>>
>>17213984
>not sharing rent with four other people in a run down apartment eating black beans, rice, and chicken and washing it down with burnett's for four months straight like a real patrician

sorry you get to live wherever you live at in whatever circumstances you're currently in
>>
>>17213984

The fuck? Average rent here is $1,300. My family only pays $600 because we've lived here for the last 19 years.
>>
>>17214044
That's probably because your family is living there. Your parents are taking the full brunt of the cost, as well as the cost of feeding you and getting you various items, instead of it being split up between multiple adults who generally fend for themselves.
>>
>>17214044
If you're paying $1300 to rent a one bedroom/studio by yourself, you're both getting screwed and wasting a lot of money, unless you're living somewhere massively luxurious or in New York/LA, in which case, you're just wasting a lot of money.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.