[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Non Sexy Damn PC Noisiness
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 6
Hey everyone

Connected my pc up to an amp solid.

But now getting some annoying noises but sadly no not that type of noise that makes you want to drill a peep hole into your house mates wall.

Have tried earthing the case of my amp to the case of my PC with little success and when my computer isnt plugged into the amp there is minimal noise that comes out of the speakers even when turned up to high volume.

Im considering buying a dedicated sound card but its a little bit of money for me and I dont wanna shell out the cash unless Im confident its gonna fix the problem

http://www.pbtech.co.nz/index.php?z=p&p=AUDAS0015&name=Asus-Xonar-DSX-7.1-Channel-PCI-E-Sound-Card---Low-
>>
Bumping for the sounds
>>
Confused, your amp is making ambient noise?
>>
File: tumblr_kzq0t4z6R71qbuccao1_400.jpg (68 KB, 400x266) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_kzq0t4z6R71qbuccao1_400.jpg
68 KB, 400x266
>>17210441

Thanks for the reply

Issue is when it my baby AMP is connected to my PC I get lots of low electronic sounds in the back ground, wanting to reduce this as much as possible
>>
File: 1- Music Lover Girls.jpg (433 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
1- Music Lover Girls.jpg
433 KB, 1280x1024
FYI this is very well build little unit, soild alloy light weight and is freakin loud for what it is

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Stereo-Digital-Amplifier-HIFI-Class2-0-TPA3116-50W-50W-Advanced-AMP/32469120663.html
>>
FYI FYI not expecting audio rig to be silent as the grave, but want to really reduce down the noise/interference sounds from the PC sound card
>>
>>17210463
I would just have a power switch from your comp that you can kill if you want? Or you could try to adjust the pickup threshold on the amp from your computer (or maybe on the amp if you're savvy, I'm not). You can also try to sound proof the amp or alter the direction of the sound to face only where you want it to (maybe get a cardboard box or something)

>>17210521
The sound card is what's making noise?
>>
>>17210533
Sound card is making electronic static noise, is worse when the system access a hard disk or you move mouse.

is very annoying when you aren't playing any music is very noticeable in background.
>>
File: images.jpg (19 KB, 338x435) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
19 KB, 338x435
Bumping just because
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.