[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>21, 22 this year >Recently having a major issue So I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 1421717391324.gif (3 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1421717391324.gif
3 MB, 200x150
>21, 22 this year
>Recently having a major issue

So I'm losing track of time, like all together. I wake up at 10 or 11, suddenly it is 5, and I have no idea where the time went. I've never had this issue before, but I can't seem to keep track of time at all. Like yesterday for example, I got up around 9 AM, got on the computer to study, ended up zoning out instead, and it was suddenly 4 in the afternoon. I hardly did anything during that whole time, I ate and had some water with me, but that was it.

Usually I have a very good grip on time, but I seem to be losing it in a very bad way. I'm afraid of this getting worse. Any idea what is going on with me? I can remember the highlights of the stuff I do that actually requires thought, but every event in between is a fucking blur. Is this normal, or am I beginning to lose my shit?
>>
Do you have any other problems? Maybe see a doctor if it's really bad?
>>
Set an alarm with different noises for every hour. Go outside and get some fresh air.
Go for a walk
>>
>>17209395
Its pretty bad to lose a whole day and not realize it. But no I don't have any other mental health issues. Though I have long suspected I am deeply depressed.

>>17209402
Yeah that is what I did today.
>>
you should most definitely see your doctor about that
>>
>>17209345
Are you pissing away the time browsing or is it actual lapses in awareness? If A), figure out how to not lose yourself, if B) see a doctor immediately. Like this week, today if possible. That can be an incredibly serious sign (can point to types of epilepsy etc) that could severely affect your life if not treated.

Probably nothing life threatening, but definitely cause for concern.
>>
A lot of alien abduction stories include a random loss in time.
>>
>>17209511
Its hard to actually explain how it feels. I wouldn't say its a total loss of awareness, but more that time is moving ridiculously fast. It seems like I sit down for a few minutes, when in reality two hours have gone by. Its really fucking eery and bothersome.

>>17209516
I don't even know what to say to this.
>>
>>17209345

I'm 25 and I feel the same way. I'm pretty sure it is just because we're getting older. When you're born you have lived 1/10th of your life. Now you've lived 2/10ths of it so you have more backwards relation and less forwards relation.

Another problem is things which are distracting like video games and computer use. they tend to make you lose track of time.

Older people tell me it just gets worse with age. I can't believe it is june 1st already. It feels like just yesterday it was new years.
>>
>>17209543
m8 that is some serious derealization shit going on, you need to see a doctor ASAP.

>>17209573
Its normal to feel like life goes by faster. It is NOT normal to sit down and lose a few hours, when you think its just been a few minutes.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.