[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Had a rough patch with the girlfriend due to circumstances regarding
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: bo1_500.gif (499 KB, 500x313) Image search: [Google]
bo1_500.gif
499 KB, 500x313
Had a rough patch with the girlfriend due to circumstances regarding her parents divorce, her injury (car crash resulting in constant headache and pain in shoulders) and her job (as a result of her injury).

five weeks ago, I had a talk with her about how we had been pretty distant with each other and the lack of physical interaction as well as us communicating less. She asked me how I felt about her and I told her I loved her. I asked her the same and she said she didn't know anymore. So I broke up with her, think it was mostly due to my ego.

The past five weeks, I had zero contact with her. And I've realized that life really sucks without her. It's not that I miss her, or need her, but I know what a great girl she is and I really loved the person I was with her. That relationship was something else.

So I texted her yesterday basically telling her that I was too blind to see that when she needed me the most, I couldn't be there and that I was sorry for it. I also said it was a rash and dumb decision to break up with her without first talking with her about her feelings and what she wanted to do.

She responded saying that she wasn't prepared for that, that it came as a surprise but that she has now accepted it and hopes that this was for the best. She also added that she never once doubted about us or our relationship. (which of course made me feel like crap).

Did I do right to break things off? I really do want to be with her, but was too afraid that if I didn't break things off, she would instead... Should I pursue to reconcile? Or do you think this relationship is doomed?

I would really love your inputs in this since this is my first time feeling this way after a breakup and am totally lost as to what to do... I have had breakups before, but I really thought of this girl as "the one"...
>>
No one? :(
>>
>>17208990
>she said she didn't know anymore
you did the right thing OP and at least she was honest with you and didn't force the relationships end by cheating. Why be together unless both are equally invested?
>>
>>17208990
Regardless of wether she loves you romantically or not, you should be there for her. She's probably going through some stuff.

I'm not a relationship expert, but would maybe not rush getting back together. Just help her, comunicate and figure it out together. You sound like a nice guy therefore i wish u good luck
>>
>>17209129
Thank you for this advice. This helped me feel a bit better, although a bit sad because that would mean I would have to lose all hope of us getting back together. Which sounds really hard...

>>17209151
How do you think would be the best way to relay this to her? I too would like to be there for her, but am not sure about how to search for that connection. Should I just text her and tell her that can reach me on this number whenever she feels like it or?

Also, thank you.
>>
>>17209166
try not to overthink this OP. You already let her know you are a shoulder to lean on if she needs but it seems the relationship is over and both of you going through the natural separation process.
>>
>>17209192
I guess you're right... But after blocking her from facebook and not talking for 5 weeks, I felt like I had to clarify to her though that she shouldn't hesitate if she wanted to talk or complain to someone because I wanted to be there for her regardless of if we were in a relationship or not.. <-- that's basically what I am going to say in this text..

Thank you for the advice guys. You are really awesome <3 I feel a bit better now.
>>
>>17209286
> <-- that's basically what I am going to say in this text..

I of course meant to say "that's what I am going to say to her in a text message"
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.