[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I tell her this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: landscape.jpg (20 KB, 450x225) Image search: [Google]
landscape.jpg
20 KB, 450x225
>My best friend from high school is studying abroad
>We are not so close to each other anymore
>Pretty much lost contact with everyone else from high school except for a guy who is studying at a uni close to mines
>Almost every time it is me initiating a conversation with her on Whatsapp
>Almost every conservation leads to her saying how she now loves to party and dance, how everyone in my high school grade seems to be dating, and her talking about her boyfriend
>Likes to tell me to try partying and asking me when I will get her boyfriend
>I don't have a boyfriend, but I have a male online friend who I've been talking to for a few years and I know that he has some slight feelings for me and I do too
Should I tell her this? I don't know, but I think she thinks of me as somewhat "uncool" as I don't party and I don't have a bf
>inb4 people commenting on my relationship with my online friend
That has been addressed in another thread so let's focus on my best friend part
>>
You're both just growing up and growing apart. It happens to everyone. You're frustrated because you feel like you're putting in more energy to the relationship than she is. You may find if you stick at it eventually the friendship will get back to being close again. Alternatively it could just keep drifting apart, people change as they get older and sometimes relationships fail too because of that. Put yourself in her shoes - she's in a new country with new friends and loads of new things to do. She's obviously excited and loving it. Nothing has changed for you really and you're still talking about the same old things. I suggest you go and visit her so you can experience some of things she does.
>>
>>17207407
I know that she wants to move on from high school as she said it herself. She didn't like some girls from high school.
I have no interest to visit that country and I will not fly there just to meet a friend.
>>
>>17207285
It is normal to grow apart when you grow up.
She is excited about her new life and she talks a lot about it. Everyone does.
If you don't think she's being a good friend, just let her go.

You're not "uncool" because you don't party or you don't have a boyfriend, but you seem like a passive and whiny girl, which is definitely uncool.
>>
>>17207587
So, no need to tell her about my guy, right?
>>
>>17207749
No need to tell her about anything you don't want to tell her.
>>
>>17207754
Well I don't mind telling her that but this guy will make me seem "cooler" (No?)
>>
>>17207285
Tell her you go to kink parties that require a special invite, and that she doesn't dress well enough to get in.
>>
>>17207755
Who cares if it makes you seem cooler? Are you fucking 12?
Do you base your friendship about how "cool" you think the other is, or do you genuinely care and support each other?

My best friend knows I am a nerd, I hate partying and that I hate male attention. She is exactly the opposite. We love each other for many other reasons.
>>
>>17207285
She sounds like a dumb cunt thats trying to pressure you into relationships, sexual situations and making generally bad choices because she made them. Tell her to fuck off
>>
>>17207755
No I don't think having an online boyfriend or an online boy interested would make you seem cooler, that sounds nerdy and weird.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.