[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dating a "sociopath"? Bad idea?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: f.jpg (13 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
f.jpg
13 KB, 400x400
I recently was told by my friends that I would be a perfect match for a sociopath, because we were discussing how I want someone who's cut, dry and to the point when it comes to relationships. As in

>Not afraid to say "This is bothering me. Cut it the fuck out."
>"For us to work out, I need x, are we able to make that work?"
>Not afraid to tell me that she needs her space, fully capable of being told that I need my own space.
>Emotionally invested, but not necessarily emotional.
>The kind of "I don't care what others think of me, except a few specific people like close friends/significant others" mentality.
>Not afraid to call others out on things if it's wrong.
>Confident/Despotic

While not all of these traits fall under the textbook definition of sociopath, I've had another friend tell me that I would work well with a "defrosted ice queen"

>Is it wrong that I know where they're coming from based on my own personality, and that I actually desire someone with that kind of personality?
>>
None of these traits are sociopathic. The word sociopath is made of socio (society) and pathos (illness) and refers to the extreme antisocial behavior of a deranged person that actively hurts society. Being communicative, direct and brutally honest is not being a sociopath. You can find all of these qualities in a perfectly normal and sane person. I think what you want is fine and I hope you find someone that matches your preferences.
>>
I don't think that sociopathic behaviour at all....
>>
Can we please stop this retarded obsession with sociopaths Jesus Christ fucking teeny boopers these days
>>
These are not traits of a sociopath. These are the traits of a confident woman with self respect. What you need to wonder about is what can you give back to a woman like this that makes her like you.
>>
>>17206724
That's not sociopathic, why the fuck would you call that sociopathic?
I would call that "mature".
It's what most mature people are looking for.
>>
>>17206724
I am all of these traits. I am not a sociopath, i'm just a jaded asshole that is tired of manipulative fucks and putting up with adults acting like children. I understand what I want out of relationships and people in general.
If you want to find a chick like this try looking in law/justice classes
>>
You did not describe a sociopath just now

t. sociopath
>>
Yes, is is not a sociopath. And you almost just described me completely (I can get emotional though), never thought of myself as sociopathic
>>
Also I'm not "despotic"
>>
These traits are rare in women and fucking hot to boot
>>
>>17206724

Unless you're alright with guys, too, these aren't sociopathic traits, just really difficult standards to meet. Good luck buddy.
>>
you dont want a sociopath, you just want a less socialized woman.
>>
>>17206724
Tell your faggot friends to fuck off and keep their opinions to themselves.
>>
Yes, dating a sociopath is a horrid idea. My dad is one.

That's not sociopathic though, I want to find a girl like that since I am like that.
>>
>>17206758
>linguistic origins/etymology = illness

L \o/ L
>>
File: 1463435276086.png (404 KB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
1463435276086.png
404 KB, 853x480
>Not afraid to call others out on things if it's wrong
Well you see my dear anon, a real sociopath would have trouble understanding and/or caring about wrong doings
>>
>>17206724
>told by my friends that I would be a perfect match for a sociopath,
>or defrosted ice queen

Your friends seem to be very uplifting people.
>>
>>17206724
Keep your obviously retarded friends to shut the fuck up because none of those traits are sociopathic. They're going to hook you up with someone who will seriously hurt you and ruin your life. DO NOT LISTEN TO YOUR FRIENDS.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.