[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Windows 10
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 1464756222895172010253.jpg (584 KB, 2560x1536) Image search: [Google]
1464756222895172010253.jpg
584 KB, 2560x1536
So i went to go take a shit and i come back with my pc screen on saying that it was 25% done uograding my Windows. It was a forced update. Wtf do i do? I just payed for windows 7. Can i call them? I dont want windows 10. Anyone else havw this?
>>
its just downloading windows 10, its not installing it

you can downgrade back to 7 if you want later, but I have 10 I don't really see why people are so against it
>>
>>17206331
Why the hell would it download it? What a waste of space
>>
>>17206324
That's what you get for having automatic updates enabled, fag. You should have known that Windows would pull this kind of bullshit after they installed that "Upgrade to Windows 10" icon in your system tray.
>>
>>17206339
because they want you to update, are you retarded or something?
>>
>>17206331
>I have 10 I don't really see why people are so against it
Same. I prefer it to Windows 8.
>>
>>17206351
Windows 7 > 8.1 > 8 > 10. I want my fucking start menu back and I don't want to have to navigate through a tablet fucking operating system on my desktop.
>>
>>17206357
Uh, Windows 10 has a start menu. Are you just shitting on it because the internet told you it's bad?
>>
There's a program called Never10 that will stop your computer from auto-installing Windows 10.

Pretty retarded that you have to go to such lengths, but there you have it.
>>
>>17206367
I've used it. It's a god damn tablet operating system.
>>
>>17206368
You can also just uncheck the particular update packages when you run Windows Update (assuming you update manually), but Microsoft is really sneaky about how they slip certain bullshit onto your computer. They called the Windows 10 tray icon a "security update."
>>
File: Cortana.jpg (23 KB, 618x324) Image search: [Google]
Cortana.jpg
23 KB, 618x324
10 is actually pretty good with Cortana's search function (I type, it's much faster than that voice command faggotry) and also virtual desktops, etc.

It is way buggier than 7, though. I keep 7 on my desktop.
>>
I have 10 on my laptop, its alright better than 8 atleast.

required viewing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBGwisx7y8E
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.