[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It seems like everyone in life is, living life. Everyone has
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: 145053689379.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
145053689379.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
It seems like everyone in life is, living life. Everyone has their friends, experiences, memories, it feels like I'm watching life happen.

At what point can I say "I am a true X, I am good at X, or X is my niche, ask me anything about X", I feel like I'm just a pathetic nothing. Which I am, and poor at that. Living on the charity of someone else in a one bedroom apartment with five other people.

The doctor said I'm suffering from general anxiety disorder and possibly Bipolar, I always feel like I'm in a dream, I've only had a few moments of clarity in my life. Its just this terrible feeling all the time, there are times where I look at myself in the mirror and don't see it as myself, don't recognize it as myself.

How do I make myself believe that if I take it day by day I can live life to the fullest and make friends/be normal? I don't want to be homeless again.
>>
File: image.jpg (257 KB, 960x946) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
257 KB, 960x946
Comedy. Why do you think so many of the best comedians have had a lot of mental suffering? Because when you hate yourself and everything looks black, comedy can pick you up and change your day around.

I'm not saying become a comedian, but just get really into comedy. Laugh your ass off every day, you'll feel better
>>
>>17204311

It takes 10,000 hours at a certain skill to become really good at that skill.

If you apply yourself for two hours a day, 7 days a week, that's 14 hours a week or 730 hours a year or 7,300 hours in a decade.

and that is not much at all. Fuck you probably do more shitposting in a day than you would practicing in a week.

If a decade is too long for you, simply up the number of hours you need to work a week. You can probably do at least 30 hours+ if you really wanted too, which is the 10k goal in about 6 years.

Also, you are comparing your bloopers to everyone else's highlight reel. You are like the fat chick watching a really fit chick eat a slice of cake and blaming genetics, rather than paying attention and realizing she busts her ass at 5 in the morning and eats clean 99% of the time.

Stop being the fat chick. Stop being depressed. You are depressed because you have time to be depressed.

Either put in the work to git gud or keep being sad. Those are your options.
>>
>>17204327
Nigga it's 1000 hours. 10,000 hours is like 417 days worth of time. No one spends that kind of time doing something.
>>
>>17204407
people who are good with an instrument or sport do
>>
>>17204311
get some cbt therapy or read his book
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1T5uMeYv9Q
https://alumni.stanford.edu/get/page/magazine/article/?article_id=64350
>>
>>17204444
You're missing the point *checked*

People's skill of things is sort of like a logarithmic scale. There's the initial curve that comes with learning anything and the rest is just marginal improvement. Now at times this may be important to have that slight edge over someone (competitive scenarios) but usually it requires an increasing amount of time and effort to where the pay off starts to become negligible.

The general rule is that 1000 hours means you know the basics and are at least proficient. So in OPs case he could say "I'm good at X."

The time scale is just a rule though. I learned piano really quickly over the course of about 9 months only putting in 5 hours a week. By the end of the first month I could tell I qas getting the basics. But when I tried to learn art (putting in about 8 hours a week) I felt like I was still shit after 3 months.

>>17204311
Tl;dr
Find things you like that come naturally and/or that you spend a lot of time doing.

Those are your niche interests.
>>
>>17204320
This sincerely made me laugh thank you anon.

>>17204544
Thank you.

And I feel.

>>17204524
This video helped me a lot. I've been to DBT and CBT groups but just the way he said things in the video and his own experience put things into perspective.

thank you

>>17204327
Thank you for that, have to change my view on things.
>>
>>17204311
Late as hell. Hope you have notifications turned on.

First off, I believe in you OP.

Secondly, and mainly, I'd suggest you read a little on gratitude and happiness. It's basically searching about living in the present moment, and enjoying the "here and now".
This is really important, because people tend to forget that life isn't only the goals you achieve, but also the journey to reach them. So I say you should not only try to change your life around, but try to change your life around while LIVING every moment with peace and contentment.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.