[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New Friends
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: 20130613_144426.jpg (85 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
20130613_144426.jpg
85 KB, 640x360
Hey /adv/, 23 year old here. The past few years it seems like all my greatest friends are either drifting away out are long gone. I just want to meet some people I can sit around with and have a beer by the grill, throw some frisbee, play video games, etc. Etc. I only have a few friends and it seems like our interests are drifting out there just don't have the time anymore. How do I go about making me friends now that I'm not in school/college?
>>
Pubs, sport or hobby clubs, night classes in dancing or whatever. Community theatre? Take up archery, join a spin class, start playing warhammer, learn the flamenco or italian cookery, there's all sorts of shit you can do to meet people.
>>
File: 1428985234376.jpg (19 KB, 618x416) Image search: [Google]
1428985234376.jpg
19 KB, 618x416
>>17203984
This. It's a wide world with more hobbies and subcultures than you can imagine. Go find one, don't be afraid to stick your hand out and say "I'm new"
>>
>>17203984
I write novels/novellas/short stories/screenplays, though it's all Action Adventure Fantasy. I play guitar, bass, drums, keyboard. My musical interest is Psychedelic, Hip-Hop, and Folk. I'm not too into sports but I've been getting into drawing. I just can't seem to find people with the same interests, especially that are my age. I'm beginning to think I'm the problem.
>>
>>17204003
You quite obviously are. Humans are social and naturally meet and make friends. If you don't do that you're abnormal.

If you're a writer try to establish a correspondence with other writers. If a musician, play an open mic or hi t for bands to play in on Craigslist. Take a drawing class. In all these things FUCKING TALK TO THE PEOPLE THERE.

Make your dumbass solitary literal shit hobbies into something good and social
>>
>>17204003
Writing is and always has been a mainly solitary pasttime. You can try to find some writing circles in your area, although they'll mainly be old women. Why not make friends with them anyway? There'll probably be bands you can find to try out for, or just go to small gigs and start conversations with people there. You could also find some life-drawing classes.
I don't see why you're limiting yourself to only being friends with people your own age.
>>
>>17204052
It's not that I'm trying to gave exclusively young friends, it's that in the last 3 years all of my newer friends/coworkers are in between their 50's and 70's. Not the type of people that will come to my house for a bbq and toss washers or a discus.

My old friends were people like myself; writers, musicians, actors, cinematographers/sound engineers. They're all either still in college and are too busy, or are too involved with themselves to do anything else. I had a small team of friends for an animation I wrote but no one wanted to give any input on the script or character progression so that project which would've gotten me more social kind of flopped and everyone went their way, which is part of why I got into drawing. Same sort of deal with music, I learned as many as I could to make a "band" so I record everything myself since I couldn't find anyone willing to play even for fun.

Fuck, maybe I should pick up a hobby which thrives on social contact and can't be done in solitude.
>>
>>17203969
are you sure you really want many friends? you sound like an introvert, like me.
you should concentrate on a few persons. not meeting constantly new ones.
i got pretty stressed after i decided to have hundreds of people on my telephone list, b/c everybody needed something and wanted to hang out.
all i need now is only my girlfriend and one best friend and i feel like the happiest man on earth.

i met my girlfriend on the internet and my best friend in a MMO.
both are hobbies.
>>
>>17204193
I'm not sure having a hundred friends would be great, I'd settle for just one out two good friends. I guess i hang on the border between introvert and extrovert. It seems like when I feel the need to do something with someone else I can't find anyone. Back in my middle school and high school years I was constantly searching for anyone who played an instrument to jam with and no one ever did, so I got so used to doing it alone. I suppose nothing changed much in college. I still tried to find writers and musicians to talk about fiction and play some covers. Back in those days people didn't want to jam or talk creatively so we just played video games. Now I can't even find anyone to do that. I'm just tired of always being alone when doing something.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.