[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have problem with being too attached. How do I stop this? I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: Eyedea.jpg (18 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
Eyedea.jpg
18 KB, 300x225
I have problem with being too attached. How do I stop this? I'm tired of getting my hopes raised by someone who leaves, thus breaking me.
>>
I wish I knew.
>>
>>17203544
Don't meet new people I guess?
>>
>>17203555
That works to some degree but causes other problems.
>>
>>17203562
True.
Always has to be some bad for the good.
>>
>>17203572
Yes, but I don't think socially isolating yourself from the world is a great answer. I recently spent four or more months only seeing people once every fortnight or so, it nearly drove me insane and to suicide. You'll probably just find yourself getting attached to people you see on TV, online or in anime or something instead of 3D people. I don't recommend it.
>>
File: 1464664885190.png (64 KB, 507x540) Image search: [Google]
1464664885190.png
64 KB, 507x540
>>17203582
Getting attached to anything isn't good to me. I know everything eventually leaves regardless of who or what it is, social isolation could help me straighten these thoughts.
>>
>>17203589
My point is that you'll still get attached to things even when socially isolated, just even less healthy things than before. I know how you feel, but deliberately socially isolating yourself is a recipe for self-destructive behaviour.
>>
>>17203595
Didn't think about it that way, was too caught up in the current bout of this heart-wrenching crap.

Thanks for clarity.
>>
>>17203599
No problem.

I found that long walks (alone, often at night) and repeating a mantra in my head to block out painful thoughts helps. Doesn't really matter what mantra, just make it something not too dark.

Good luck.
>>
>>17203605
You too anon.

I appreciate this.
>>
You just lack experience and are putting them on a pedestal. I used to be really bad like this and to a degree still am, but what helps me is just reminding myself that they're just people too and nothing more. They may be a girl or someone you're really interested in but they're just human too at the end of the day
>>
>>17203642
This is actively unhelpful, clichéd bollocks, analogous to telling a depressed person to "just cheer up".
>>
>>17203650
Well it helped me regardless of what you think
>>
>>17203651
I'm sure you think it did.
>>
>>17203642
Couldn't have said it better myself, I currently suffer through the same problem but I realize I do it and am trying to improve on it.. Just take a step back and try and look at it through her eyes it really helps
>>
You just need to learn your not in control of anything an just let things happen or realize your a waste of people's time an just assume their using you like I do, it makes things much simpler
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.