[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Divorce
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: image.png (93 KB, 688x694) Image search: [Google]
image.png
93 KB, 688x694
Hey /adv/,
I'm a 25yo male. My parents are going to have a divorce, beause my mum was caught cheating. They have been married for 29 years.
Has anyone else gone through this? Who's side did you take? Did you even take sides?
Please talk to me.
Thank you.
>>
If your father is not a complete douche, take his side. Your mum failed miserably as a wife, she has to take responsibility for her actions.
>>
File: 1462608638430.jpg (131 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
1462608638430.jpg
131 KB, 1280x1280
>>17203444
This.
Your dad didn't cheat, take his side.
>>
Take your dad's side obviously. It's going to be harder on him than your slut mom
>>
Dad's side is the obvious choice.
>>
Talk to your mum too at least to know her side.
>>
You don't have to take a side.

They are adults.

They made choices (albeit a highly questionable one on your mum's side). Those choices and consequences are between them.

Be an adult and explain that you are not going to side as you want parents.
>>
>>17203395
My parents got divorced when I was very young. It sure was a hard time. I didnt take any side, I did choose to live with my mother tho. Once in a week I visited my father who lived nearby. Worked pretty well, even between the two. But the problem was that they both bought a house back then. And now my mother and I were living in it. As soon as I left the house to go to college the war over the house began. They both tried to get me on their side and kind of tried to use me against the opposing side. When I got fed up with the situation I said: From now on I wont take any side. You dont talk to each other anymore. And when someone is talking bad about the other one I know who started the argument. Since then everything is quiet again.

tl, dr: dont take any side. Try to be the neutral part.(that is if you love both of them and if you are ok with/dont care about your mother cheating on your father)
>>
>>17203481
This.
>>
Op here. Thank you for all your replies, I really appreciate it.

I have seen both parents, but more time has been spent with dad. As a son, I can't bear to see my mum miserable and broken. Dad is slowly getting better, but I'm scared mum gets so low that she'll leave the county/country or end her life.
>>
>>17203395
The hardest single thing to get in your head in this situation is this:

This story is not about you.

This is their adventure, and your role is to stand back, give them room to work it out, try to be as neutral as you can, and wait until the dust settles before you choose sides (if you must).
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.