[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I jokingly call my Japanese friend (name)-chan and she calls
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 1459643753411.jpg (37 KB, 552x571) Image search: [Google]
1459643753411.jpg
37 KB, 552x571
I jokingly call my Japanese friend (name)-chan and she calls me (Anon)-kun back.

Does this title imply anything?
>>
>>17203239
Do you think she has a crush on you or something?
>>
>>17203239
No, it's just playful banter known as flirting. Can both be romantic AND platonic. If she had interest, she would've given off signs.
>>
>>17203239

honorifics only matter if you're japanese too, or youre both in japan.

if she's actually japanese and not just of descent, then she's calling you that out of habit more than anything, and tolerates chan because she's a girl and thats not uncommon.
>>
>>17203239
-kun is for boys and -chan for girls, anyways, why would be she interested in you?
>>
>>17203246
Trying to figure that out t b h

>>17203252
>>17203254
Is it really that simple? I saw that kun was mostly for men addressing each other or addressing a younger man, so that was confusing. She was born and raised in Japan.
>>
>>17203263

yes it is. you're not japanese and/or you arent currently in japan.

anything you do that is Japanese is largely considered a novelty by those people.

the country and culture is so deeply homogeneous, even the youth who are liberal share alot of this impression of non-japanese.
>>
Sleep snug, smug
>>
>>17203239
Slep snug, smug
>>
>>17203239
>Does this title imply anything?
If you are male, no. This is just what baka gaijin otaku typically expect to be called after using the -chan honorific.

If you are female, it can be a bit more... forward than that. But I suspect that this is not the case.
>>
Sleep snug, smug.
>>
>>17203239
sleep snug smug-kun-chan
>>
>>17203672
Sleep snug, smug-zeki.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.