[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does gooey emotional shit make me so uncomfortable? it all
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: MI0000128813.jpg (28 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
MI0000128813.jpg
28 KB, 400x400
Why does gooey emotional shit make me so uncomfortable?
it all seems unreasonable
>>
Because you're just not that kind of person who wants any relationship like that apparently
>>
Because nobody broke your heart.
[spoiler]You broke your own cause you can't finish what you start[/spoiler]
>>
>>17201378
Probably because you were never subjected to any "healthy" degree of emotional pain/trauma.

If that is the case, you're uncomfortable because it's unfamiliar and new to you. And just as it's more difficult to develop social skills the older you are, it becomes harder to relate and feel empathy for that kind of stuff the longer you go without having ever experienced it.
>>
>>17201413
you can do what you want to whenever you want to
though it doesn't mean a thing
>>
>>17201461
You telling yourself that is exactly why you are uncomfortable with emotional shit. You distance and disconnect yourself from it by avoiding holding any emotional value in the things that happen to you or in the way you act towards others. You sound like someone who doesn't act on anything and values little because you tell yourself it's all meaningless.

Of course, I don't know you, so you could claim everything I'm saying is bullshit.
>>
>>17201378
>gooey emotional shit
>it all seems unreasonable
Well, it IS unreasonable. That's why it's called emotional. Your mistake isn't in thinking it's unreasonable; your mistake is thinking that because it's unreasonable, it must therefore be somehow wrong.
>>
>>17201552
>You sound like someone who doesn't act on anything and values little because you tell yourself it's all meaningless
I appreciate the effort.
You may be right, but I'm a life-affirm type of person. Although my actions can state otherwise. I'll fix it.

>>17201444
may be right. It makes me uncomfortable since I've never had to deal with it. I just have a hard time empathizing.

I don't feel very close to people.

I can't understand when they try to open up to me, I don't see why they keep dwelling on the bad. Maybe I view it as over-bearing.

>>17201561
>it must therefore be somehow wrong
you're right, not everything is about being beyond emotion.

Ironically most of our actions are propelled through a nuanced feeling.

But I can't get behind the whole thing of we're all in pain or it's beautiful or the gooey I love yous and I can't say why

I'm partially afraid that if I continue with this perception, I'll be too removed from others. But it may not be a bad thing.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.