[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do different dating sites compare?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: Zoosk.jpg (49 KB, 700x368) Image search: [Google]
Zoosk.jpg
49 KB, 700x368
I'm a 26 year old male.

My only experience is with OKCupid which has been a disaster. Some problems I've encountered:

>Very few replies, girls never message first, hard to get even one date.
>A lot of fat girls who use older pictures before they were fat.
>Girls who are just failures in general. Dropped out of school and just sit around doing drugs, etc.

I'm thinking of Match.com or Zoosk. Does anybody know anything about them and how they compare to OKCupid? I think one of my problems is height, I'm 5'7... is height going to be an automatic dealbreaker for most women on other sites like it seems to be on OKC?

Any other info would be helpful too, thanks!
>>
>>17201131
Why would height be a dealbreaker? I'm 5'4 and I get laid.
>>
What's wrong with your height?
>>
You're 26 years old and looking for love on a dating site. That's your problem, dude.
>>
27 m, 7-8/10 here.

Tinder is the way to go. Unless you want to get married or something? OKC and the others you need to invest a lot of time in both writing a profile which is a pain in the ass and probably not even representative of you AND sending out messages to someone who might just not want your d at all.

Tinder gets rid of all that shit and you can just have a natural conversation then agree to meet up if you like each other.
>>
>>17201131

How many girls have you dated?
How many girls have you had sex with?
>>
>>17201156
I'm 6'0 so I don't have the manlet problem but do you really want to be with someone that shallow? Half the time bitches don't mean what they say anyways. I fucked some girl recently who had something stupid on her profile about liking guys with beards and lots of tattoos. I have neither. It's not like you're comically short. It's not your height that's holding you back.
>>
>>17201161

Sorry, thought I added this

>Where did you meet them?
>>
Try Coffee Meets Bagel instead. It's more user friendly and guides you better through the process.

For example, one you match with someone you have 1 week to meet up or exchange info before the match expires.this discourages the behavior where you just chat back and forth forever without every actually going on a date.
>>
theyre all the same really, you just need to be an >8/10 and you will have success on any of them, if youre not dont bother signing up
>>
>>17201161
2-3 girls dated
6 girls had sex with.
Met them in college + grad school. Now I'm done with school, in a new city and i've found it impossible to meet new women. My social circle now is older and I'm one of the only single people.

>>17201134
If you're 5'4" and have actually never noticed that affecting you in online dating then you are definitely the exception, try talking to other men your height or even asking women you know that use online dating.

>>17201156
I've had some luck on Tinder, but it's basically just meeting random women that I have nothing in common with and know nothing about. It's just weird and Idk about marriage, but I at least want a serious relationship.
>>
>>17201191

Wouldn't it make sense you would meet someone at work then?

I find it hard to believe if you've dated and had sex in the past you are having trouble now.

just do what you did before.
>>
>>17201198
>I find it hard to believe if you've dated and had sex in the past you are having trouble now
No offense but I think it's pretty clear you've never moved to a new city post-college. What I did before was meet and date girls from my social group. That changes a lot when you get older. I kind of wish I'd stayed closer to school, I could probably have dated some of the girls I went to college with if I still lived near them.

And meeting people at work is not going to happen. I don't even know any young, single, attractive women there. And even if I did, being the new guy and hitting on coworkers is not a smart move. And workplace romances are tricky.
>>
>>17201191
I very much doubt I'm the exception; it more feels to me like men are insecure about their height in general and use it as an excuse for whatever their perceived shortcomings are on dating sites.

I mean, like I said. I get laid, I've dated a fair amount of women. That's actually not something I'm proud of, because it means I lack the emotional maturity to hold down a relationship, really.

But even that said, it does take a fair amount of work to get dating sites to pan out; I've had statistically had WAY more luck meeting people through friends or bars than I do getting people to reply to messages.

There's a lot of reasons for this, though:
One: Women get an obscene amount of messages. Nearly everything you could say, they've probably heard before. Hence, "hey what's up" doesn't cut it.
Two: Women get an obscene amount of hate and weirdness on dating sites. If they don't reply, they usually get a barrage of messages every day or two from the same guy. That's creepy, and sours the pitch for everyone. They also occasionally get guys who call them giant fucking bitches and launch into tirades of abuse or whatever because they won't send them nudes.
Three: Dating sites are naturally infantilizing communication platforms, y'know? You boil yourself down to a set of paragraphs and then talk about shared interests, but it guides you to that. It's kind of the speed-dating approach that we used to use for social outcasts, and sure, there are people like that on dating sites, but Tinder probably is better for the modern world.
>>
File: 1436668218094.jpg (51 KB, 288x404) Image search: [Google]
1436668218094.jpg
51 KB, 288x404
>>17201131
Do what I do. Fudge the numbers a bit. I'm 5'6" and put 6' on my profile. I wear shoe insoles and heightening shoes.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.