[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would happen to me if I tried to enlist into the military
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: 1464526759325.png (154 KB, 430x540) Image search: [Google]
1464526759325.png
154 KB, 430x540
What would happen to me if I tried to enlist into the military under false pretenses?
>>
what do you mean by false pretenses, like if you try to enlist with forged documents?

if you go for a job that has a secret or top secret clearance they'll do a more thorough background check which would easily prove you have a bogus background, but as long as you go for a job without a clearance and your forged papers are all in order then you might be able to get away with it, I can't really say.

Why would you want to do this though? Do you have a criminal record or something?
>>
>>17198941
Be more specific.
>>
>>17198948
>>17198949
I had a recruit speration from the marine corps last year for injury and telling them I was depressed. I've tried multiple times to re-enlist through the proper channels but I keep getting denied. I'm willing to do anything to get another shot at it. Anything.....
>>
Court martial.
>>
>>17198954
What about any of the other branches?

You could also join the French Foreign Legion.

It's a terrible idea to lie about anything on your application, if you ever need to get a clearance you'll be fucked hard.
>>
>>17198961
I guess I could join the Army or something. I've spoken to recruiters and they're willing to give me a shot but I want to be a marine.
>>
>>17198964
What's so special about the Marines?
>>
>>17198967
It's the only thing in my life i've ever truly wanted. I put 3 years of effort into going to bootcamp and when I was just a few weeks away from earning my title I pussed out. (and I was injured but they didn't know about it at the time)
>>
File: army.jpg (34 KB, 600x315) Image search: [Google]
army.jpg
34 KB, 600x315
>>17198971
listen anon, navy vet here

I understand you, completely. I get it, you put so much effort into joining the corps that it feels like it was your entire reason for existence. But lets look at this objectively, I worked with marines for nearly 10 years. They take pride in doing things the hard way instead of the smart way, I don't understand it but that's their culture.

There is nothing that you could do in the marines that you cannot do in the army, let me repeat that, NOTHING. There are many things in the army that you cannot do in the marines. You want to be a soldier, you want to serve your country, you want a job, you want to get learned how to make stuff more deader, you want the benefits being a veteran entitles you to. You will get all of those things by being a soldier in the army, all of them. The only thing you wont get is to say you're a devil dog and honestly who gives a fuck? Would you really give up all those other things (which are all much more important) because you can't get the last one?

Think soldier.
>>
>>17198971
Navy SEALs is prestigious and would be a challenge.
>>
>>17198961
>the French legion

Good luck, they do very thorough checks. They don't look kindly on liars
>>
>>17198989
I know. my dad served 40+ years in the army. But I can't forget that marine mindset that was shoved into me. I guess I could try and serve four good years in the army and then maybe try the marines again.
>>
>>17198971
>>17198954
You sound like a doof. The Marines isn't for you. If any branch is.

Plus if you bitched out of basic then you'd bitch out of the real job. They'd have to shove you somewhere unimportant and you'd hate it.

Pursue other avenues
>>
>>17198994
Well they're not going to be able to figure out if OP was depressed. Telling that to the military authorities was really dumb. Any injury they'll find on an examination, so as long as he's not a criminal and his injury wasn't permanent..
>>
>>17198993
Lol, if he can't do Marines basic he CANNOT do Seal training
>>
>>17199008
>>17198993
They arn't going to give me a SEAL contract or a SWCC contract with a seperation from the marine corps
>>
>>17198994
>They don't look kindly on liars
kind of funny considering their historical reputation as a place where criminals could start over, there are stories about people who robbed banks, buried the loot and ran off to Paris to join the legion.

Obviously things have changed as these days they run a background check to see if there are any warrants for your arrest on serious felony charges before they'll let you sign up.

The bigger issue though is just how rigorous the training is, very few recruits from north america and western europe make it through. Most of the people who make the cut are from latin america, very poor slavic countries, or the french parts of west africa. People who really have nothing to return to if they should fail, and want to get french citizenship so they can sponsor their families and get a better life for them. Its not really a place for Americans, though certainly there are some who have done it.

>>17199001
you're never going to be a marine anon, that ship has sailed. The sooner you get that through your head the sooner you can move on, because you can still be a soldier.
>>
Why doesn't the Marine Corps have their own medics?
>>
Don't enlist. You will be sent back for endless re-deployments to Syria and Iran once Hillary controls the reigns of power.
>>
>>17199034
because the marines are part of the navy so they just use navy medics
>>
>>17198941
Why would anyone ever want to be a soldier
Don't join the FFL, France's government has been corrupt to the bone since forever
>>
>>17198956
/thread
>>
File: lenin.jpg (5 KB, 284x177) Image search: [Google]
lenin.jpg
5 KB, 284x177
What is your biggest dream /adv/ ?
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.