[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just kind of need some emotional support right now guys. So
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
File: 1438268058803g.jpg (2 MB, 1815x1080) Image search: [Google]
1438268058803g.jpg
2 MB, 1815x1080
I just kind of need some emotional support right now guys.

So yesterday I came back from college (which has finished) for my sisters graduation from high school, and my mom wouldn't let me go home. She's holding me for four days down here, against my wishes but she has threatened to not pay for some expenses this last month so I have to put up with it. Anyways today we went to a restaurant and on the way home my stepfather started yelling at me about how I'm lazy and taking advantage of everyone and not contributing. Most of the stuff he said really wasn't true I think, like the main points were I need to find a job this summer, and find housing for next year now. This summer I've applied for a volunteer position (which I should get soon) and I'm sitting in on two classes at the unviersity, and housing doesn't need to be for 2 months so I've put it on the back burner since its not fucking important. And I am already going to pay for utilities, rent and food for the summer out of my own pocket. And he even brought up my dad who died a few years ago and talked about how I am just lazy and should get a job.

I mean it really hurt, and I don't think I've even done anything actually wrong. I don't think I've ever been talked to like that, and it was by this guy who has only been in my life for three years. And my mom was backing him up. And I have to stay with these people for two more days. This shit hurts. I'm not used to being treated like this, I mean I'm a junior in college so I guess I'm pretty sheltered from real life at this point.

Not really looking for advice but of course it'll be welcome. Just wanted to let it out.
>>
please guys :(
>>
>>17199004
I'm here for you, dude
>>
It's going to be okay, op
>>
File: 1462346214819.jpg (959 KB, 1920x1272) Image search: [Google]
1462346214819.jpg
959 KB, 1920x1272
>>17199016
>>17199014
thanks mates
>>
You're probably a fat laxy whkny turd that everyone thinks is a lazy piece of shit but your parents were too embarrassed to tell you so you went through live deluded. Just study hard, get all A's and find jobs as soon as possible and become self-sufficient like right now
>>
>>17198782
Fuck your stepdad.
Como se dice en espanol, fuck that nigga.
>>
File: 1423972744150.jpg (1 MB, 4000x2250) Image search: [Google]
1423972744150.jpg
1 MB, 4000x2250
>>17199024
I am pretty self sufficient already, I am in therapy though for depression and to help me be more social at my university. I mean I only come back a few times a year and that's how my siblings were too before me

I'll be done in a year now and even if they cut me off I'm going to still finish, so things are OK
you probably mean financially though, huh
well I will be soon no matter what
>>
>>17199041
I wish I could help you, mate, but I'm about to start college myself. I'm wishing you the best.
>>
>>17198782
Try and consider this: these people are clearly being dicks unwarranted to you. Why is their opinion enough to hurt you?

You are giving them credit for some reason, their opinion matters. Next time this happens go along with it and be overly polite. Say "you're right", don't argue back and try to be as non confrontational as possible. After acting in this completely fake manner to them, and if they think you are sincere, you'll see how fucking retarded they may actually be. By manipulating them, you can now place them beneath you and discredit their opinion.

If you aren't a sociopath then all I have to say is that a lot of us have been there. Dissapointment is a harsh fucking feeling, worse than somebody being angry at you. My father died 3 years ago as well. If you believe he loved you, then try to understand that he would want you to be happy right now, and he would want you to be proud of yourself and confident. Have faith in yourself and pull through,
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.