[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, I found out my friend (girl) is one of those feminazis.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
So, I found out my friend (girl) is one of those feminazis.

Well not completely, but she spouts stuff like "objectification of women" and "society's unrealistic beauty standards" and even tried to correct me for saying I'd like man-cave. She says "what makes it a man cave? Girls like that stuff too. It should have a neutral name" etc. I mentioned what if it had a poster of a women. Would it be a man-cave then? "That's for losers. Are you a loser?" or something to that effect. Not a logical argument basically. So yeah...

I don't want to be mean, but I think the reason she has these feelings is because she's overweight, and feels society has oppressed her and crap. I have a feeling she doesn't like skinny girls.

What do you guys think?
>>
The fact that you point to her weight as the cause of her beliefs probably proves her point.
>>
To qualify as a feminazi you really need to have the super irrational beliefs like for e.g. men can rape you by looking at you etc... It sounds like she has the fairly moderate beliefs and it probably isn't a problem.
>>
>>17198056
But I have a sister who is the same. I'm seeing a pattern.

I mentioned something along the lines that skinny, petite girls are cute and my sister says "No, they're ugly".
>>
>>17198071
Yeah, I guess she does have close to moderate beliefs. She's definitely not a complete feminazi, but I can only explain so much here. She just showed all this irrational thinking.
>>
>>17198074
Your sister is just an insecure bitch then, feminazis are very against bringing down other girls to build themselves up, they only want to bring down men.
>>
>>17198084
>feminazis are very against bringing down other girls

I think they try to bring down anyone in their way. They get mad at anyone anti-feminist. Just ask the Factual Feminist on YouTube who talks about how modern day feminism is completely crazy.
>>
>>17198077
Look, you've already decided what you think, why ask us?
>>
>>17198087

Seeing what others think?
>>
>>17198086
You're making a rather sweeping generalisation there.
>>
this just gave me an idea, I have a fat fetish and I should try to get in a position like OP but convince her to gain even more weight to "really stick it to the patriarchy"
>>
>>17198090
Nobody here is going to change your mind. Just stop talking to her or whatever action it is you intend to take based on this realisation.
>>
>>17198099
Nah, like I said she tries to have moderate views on most things, but I guess I just saw a new side I haven't before.

Once again, I'm just seeing what others have to say. Maybe someone has had a similar situation? Any other things.

>>17198093
Could be. Doesn't change the fact that there's a large portion that are like I described. Wouldn't be surprised if it was a majority of the modern wave feminists.
>>
Her beliefs aren't complete feminazi. She'll more than likely grow out of it at some point. The thing she said about the man cave is pretty retarded though.
>>
>>17198050

I love that pic OP. Looks like the best childhood bedroom ever.
>>
>>17198125
It is pretty awesome.

... 'Cept that they have dildos in the corner, haha.
>>
The correct way to approach this situation is to make this person realize that she has a lot of pent up anger. She feels frustration for not matching the standards of beauty of the statistical majority so she demonizes the statistical majority. No amount of argument will make her change her point of view. You cannot reason someone out of a position that they didn't reason themselves into. Don't talk to her about facts and data, talk to her about feelings.
>>
>>17198145
Ah, well then I already shot myself in the foot in that respect then.

She already thinks I believe emotions to be a weakness, when really all I said was that women seem to have more stronger feelings than men.
>>
>>17198152
That's alright. You can still explain yourself properly. Tell her you'd like to talk about that previous conversation because you didn't explain yourself properly and you think you hurt her by mistake. Tell her you don't think feelings are a weakness. Tell her you don't judge her for having feelings.
>>
>>17198172
Well, what do you think of this, and correct me if I'm wrong.

I basically said that men are capable of being "emotional walls" so they can handle stresses better than women in general, or at least I think so. Course this means they die sooner in life though. I was basically saying women are better suited for home life (just my opinion), BUT that doesn't mean they should be denied their rights to expand and get into any area men are in.

So yeah, she took this as women are weak and can't handle anything. Do I tell her that I was just trying show the different strengths of the sexes?
>>
>>17198189
What you said about emotional walls and so on is totally reasonable. It sounds like your fat gf is just easily offended and wants to be a part of the "strong womyn" bandwagon. I'd just drop the topic completely and just laugh it off whenever she comes with feminist remarks in the future. You don't have to agree on everything. My gf is a little wannabe feminist too sometimes but she also wants to be treated like a princess like EVERY SINGLE WOMAN out there. I just ignore or laugh at her Beyonce worship most of the time and calmly point out the hypocricy of her behavior whenever her feminist bs starts to get under my skin.
>>
>>17198050
OP, You have to ignore her completely.

Listen, and understand. That feminists are out there. They can't be bargained with. They can't be reasoned with. They don't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And they absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.