[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm about to take a long trip on my own. Any tips for traveling
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 1453205337632.jpg (301 KB, 1110x800) Image search: [Google]
1453205337632.jpg
301 KB, 1110x800
I'm about to take a long trip on my own.
Any tips for traveling alone?
>>
>>17195294
Bring a book
>>
>>17195316
Figured as much. Thanks though.
>>
>>17195294
are you traveling by car? plane? bus?

some basic stuff I can tell you regardless of transport method:
>know where bathrooms are and approximately how often bathroom breaks will be, if applicable
>all clothes and footwear worn during travel must be comfortable. if you're, say, a girl going to a city and are planning to go clubbing then fine, bring your heels. but wear your comfy shoes while you're driving or on the plane/bus.
>stay hydrated
>bring snacks with fiber; traveling can make you a bit constipated
>always make sure you have ID and 2 forms of payment if possible
>if you take meds, make sure you pack enough of them
>>
>>17195603
oh yeah, almost forgot:
>always be aware of your surroundings
>>
>>17195294
Where are you going?
>>
>>17195294
LITERALLY kill yourself.
I've traveled alone.
No worse hell on earth
>>
If you're not going anywhere exotic, it seems like all common sense.

You might want to take a portable USB battery for your phone or whatever.
>>
>>17195689
I liked traveling alone. I like traveling with the wife more, but traveling alone was pretty fun too.

traveling with someone you can't stand, however, is truly hell on earth. that, or traveling with a child under 7 or so.
>>
most important would be proper planning and preparation like with anything you do. what >>17195603 has said with payment/id and meds are important. packing what you need, and not packing a heap of stuff that you don't need to cut down on luggage and makes things easier. estimate expenses you'll need for trip, and add a bit more since you'll probably need it. better to be safe then have to cut your trip short, or be left with no money to get home.
it depends where you are traveling and how you are traveling too. make sure you people where you're going and general estimation when you'll be back, and staying in contact with someone as well to let them know you're alright too. traveling somewhere remote and away from people for extended periods has a lot more things you need to be prepared for compared to if you're just traveling around different citys, and getting to them by public transport or highway driving by your own car/motorbike.
if by car then check over everything like spare tire is good, get it serviced. carry a battery powered jump starter, first aid kit and tools to change tire. certian things can just happen to your car (like a stone cracks/makes hole in radiator and then you can't drive without engine overheating), but if you're belts are close to due for change, you're clutch/transmission is going out, something like that then there's more chance of something going wrong on your trip which you can get done before to be safe.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.