[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I get horribly angry sometimes. Like really angry and it has
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: 1458905987680.png (625 KB, 1069x713) Image search: [Google]
1458905987680.png
625 KB, 1069x713
I get horribly angry sometimes. Like really angry and it has only gotten worse over the years. The walls of my flat have several holes nowadays. I'm so far by now I'm really afraid I could hurt someone badly when I lose control. When I'm normal again it's like I can't identify with my angry self and the things I would do.
I tried to put my aggression into lifting, but that doesn't help either.
I know this sounds like a very edgy problem to have on a relationship and cuddle advice board, but I need help with that.
>>
>>17193305

Stop being angry, bitch.
>>
File: thoomp.gif (28 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
thoomp.gif
28 KB, 720x405
>>17193305
Well for starters, what makes you so angry that you lose control? Past trauma or something?

What makes you happy, or calm?
>>
>>17193305
See a professional. Cbt most likely is a good way to find out what causes your anger, but with treating such grave problem, someone with the knowledge helping you through is always a plus.
>>
Psychotherapists can teach you great techniques to overcome that anger. Or you could look them on the internet, but of course is not as good as the first option.
>>
>>17193305
>lifting doesnt help either
Try running to the point of exhaustion.

No matter how long or hard you lift, your muscles will give before you do. When you do the same with extensive cardio, you get to a point where you can't do anything but breathe. Not only does this take your mind off things but you literally won't have the energy to lash out.
>>
I know you're probably reluctant to do this, (I was too), but other poster has the right idea about getting help. I work in the legal system and I can't tell you how many people I've seen in court because they just lost it, they weren't bad people, or even angry people, but they had episodes of anger that were way out of proportion. That's something you can absolutely get fixed, and a lot of other people have had success treating that problem.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.