[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to get over loneliness?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: 1348054069361.jpg (40 KB, 560x354) Image search: [Google]
1348054069361.jpg
40 KB, 560x354
What do you do when you feel lonely?

Im 28 years old and live on my own, never had a girlfriend because im ugly and i don't think i will be getting one soon.

My friends are only available like once every other week. During weekends, im usually on my own because my only real social life is at work.
>>
>>17192696

I got a puppy to raise and take care of
>>
>>17192696
I go out to parks or places where there are people doing things(fishing spots, tracks, cafes). Gotta just break the ice sometimes and find something to spark a conversation with people about.

Once you get good at that there is a world of opportunities right at your feet.
>>
>>17192696
>never had a girlfriend because im ugly and i don't think i will be getting one soon

Never had a gf because lack of confidence.
Compartmentalise the problem. Find the things you don't like about yourself and improve them. It takes effort, it takes sweat, it takes tears and it takes time but it will pay off. I'm speaking from experience here.

Or you could keep lying there, thats easier. Only you can be the changes you want to see in yourself.
>>
File: 1463782178358.jpg (56 KB, 500x348) Image search: [Google]
1463782178358.jpg
56 KB, 500x348
>>
>>17192824
Not OP, but when I do stuff like that I usually feel really sad and just hurry home while avoiding people's gaze.
When I do the same stuff with friends/family I feel normal, but going out by myself makes me feel like this.

Any tips?
>>
>>17192696
same here OP. Im also a virgin. fml
>>
>>17192925
well, what is making you feel sad in the first place? what're the thought you generally have?

When I do stuff like that I try to not take the situation, and myself so seriously. Kinda get into the mindset of "I'm doing what I want and nothing and no one is going to stop me." Relax and if conversation starts, just be relaxed.
>>
>>17192891
Dude, people can be ugly.
It's not a mental thing, it's a physical reality.

However, when you are ugly, generally you get mentally broken down in the modern society, because appearance is so extremely important, especially when it comes to relationships.
>>
>>17192925
>be naive shy teen afraid of meeting new ppl.

someone said "do whatever impression u want cos it's unlikely that you'll meet these people again"
basically world is big, failing at socializing with someone OH WELL, NEXT
>>
>>17192950
Honestly? I look at other people with their friends and girlfriends and start thinking I'm not "one of them" (a normal functioning human being).

Not sure if I can force that mindset onto myself, but I'll try.
>>
join mormons
>>
>>17192696

what are yuo doing about your ugly situation?

consider making more friends theres lots of ways.
>>
>>17192994
OP here.
I used to feel the same way.
>>
>>17192960
>appearence is extremely important

It is and isn't. Your appearence reflects who you are, even you're not intending to.

Not advice since I'm in the same boat but an observation.
>>
>>17192696
Get a doggo. Get a cat. Get a roommate. Join a bowling league. Join a shooting club. The list goes on.
>>
>join gym and acquire gymbro
>join meetup group for an interest of yours
>???
>friends
>>
get a weekend job
>>
>>17193567
>???
The part that always evades me.
>>
>>17192696
Meet people.

It really is that simple.

Don't go looking for friends. Go looking for activities. Join a club, take a class, join a gym, do volunteer work.

You'll be among others with the same interests and will make connections. Someone will suggest you all doing something together afterwards. And you'll have a social life.
>>
>>17193567
>go to gym for over a year
>no social interaction happens ever
>have to always akwardly avoid eye contact with old dudes that insist on walking around naked in the locker room

Only gains I've got there is hate for old people.
>>
>Think about how you grew up. Think about where you are in your life. You honestly think that, at this point, you're going to acquire traits and social skills that have been fostered in others since birth? No.

We are screwed man. Went to comicon and realized that I'm even alone there.
>>
What he said.

Firstly, also some anon said above - get a pet. Doesn't matter if a cat or a dog. Having something to take care of that loves is unreal.

Secondly, I don't care how ugly you are - I guarantee you there's uglier people - it's a confidence thing. Unless you're going after 10/10 women, there's nothing stopping you from starting a relationship with someone. Trust me though, relationships are fucking overrated. Society has made us think it's the answer to everything.

It's not. Relationships kill your soul.

Hobbies make you live. What are you interested in? Do that. Do it better.

Read. Listen to podcasts.

I use these as ESCAPES from my relationship.

Hell, I became #1 at my day job (cloud technology consultant) because I just tried to stay away from my woman who was at home. Fuck that - you don't need a relationship. You need to live though.

Put some energy and motivation into your work and you'll achieve beyond your expectations.

If you get pushed back who cares? Try again. You're lucky you're even alive. Make use of it before you blip out of existence forever.
>>
Me again - not needing a relationship etc,

but if you really are after someone, you said your social life is only at work? Then find someone at work. It's where most people do meet and end up together anyway
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.