[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is online dating filled with such generic people? Oh my god
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (5 KB, 104x144) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
5 KB, 104x144
Why is online dating filled with such generic people? Oh my god - you love your friends, family, food and travel? SO DO MOST OTHER PEOPLE. How the fuck am I meant to find anyone in a sea of this?
>>
File: Fantastic-Planet-Tiva-and-Sinh.jpg (34 KB, 434x317) Image search: [Google]
Fantastic-Planet-Tiva-and-Sinh.jpg
34 KB, 434x317
By appearance
>>
File: fantasticplanet045.jpg (528 KB, 1356x804) Image search: [Google]
fantasticplanet045.jpg
528 KB, 1356x804
Or use OkCupid
>>
Because we're all desperate and don't have anything positive to say about ourselves because of low confidence yet we don't want to date uggos.
>>
>>17191143
i hate my friends and family and love travel wanna go out
>>
>>17191143
Oh, do go on and show us your super unique and special profile.
>>
So you are complaining about 4 of the most common ice breaker topics. That seems a little dense.

The whole point if the topics you mention is to start a conversation that could lead somewhere deeper that can give you a better insight on the person you are talking to.

First, as an excercise, sit down and write down what's important to you for those 4 topics. Maybe calling your mom 4 times a week is a big deal, but having only 2 or 3 friends is enough versus trying to keep up with a larger group. Maybe you like to cook healthy and simple nutritious food, and you keep yor travel interests to the outdoors such as hiking and camping. With that in mind, someone who hasn't talked to their mom unless mom calls first would probably not be a good fit, nor someone who always ha's plans every weekend because must always have a selfi or group picture with aquantances to feel like she's invovled, nor with someone who makes it a hobby to eat at new restaurants and try different world cuisines, nor someone that loves travelling to many countries to explore the nightlife and make friends at every port.

See what I mean?

Connect with people man
>>
>>17191189
Would desu. I know a couple who met on 4chan. Funniest shit.

but I doubt you're from my country / there are no girls on the internet
>>
>>17191143

Well, usually people say whats most important to them. Theres no problem with that.

>How the fuck am I meant to find anyone in a sea of this?
Well it depends what you want really. Most people (regardless of what they say), online judge on appearnaces, and about 20% the text. Your picture is the first thing they see. And this is not a problem really, just work out and put a sexy image up of yourself. Basically the majority of online dating is just for sex only (not all of it, but most) considering nearly all judge online profiles by physical appearance.

If you are a guy, if you write generic profiles and put yourself as average, you generally get generic girl who wants relationship -but unlikely much sex. However, if you are really built up and put a half naked picture of yourself (guys only obviously), the people who want relationships will hate you, but the people who are for quick hookups will like you more.

Even though I'm an introvert, I find offline dating much more seamless than online dating. Also, I think you will find it easier to find quality men (assuming you are a woman) offline then you would online.

For women though, I would still think online dating is not really a good option, being a guy I think most of the guys online are generic and the ones that are unique are out for sex. The guys that aren't out for sex don't need to go online to get dates (same for girls).
>>
>>17191208
Quality post
>>
>>17191208
I'm indifferent to my family and friends, I'm not picky with food and I'll travel anywhere away from this hellhole.

I'm with OP. Those topics suck.
>>
>>17191290
>this hellhole
Where are you?
>>
It's my belief that anyone who uses online dating isn't there to find a truly profound individual with a personality they are compatible with. Just someone who looks hot.

You have a better chance, of talking and meeting with a woman for a date in real life, than you do sending messages on tinder or match.com
>>
>>17191143
so true haha. most of the women say their only interests are shopping and going out, can you get any more generic? and talking to them is a fucking mission
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.