[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dating issues because of therapy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: i_by_icze4r-d70s6yu.jpg (80 KB, 800x690) Image search: [Google]
i_by_icze4r-d70s6yu.jpg
80 KB, 800x690
so i made the mistake of telling a guy that i go to therapy and while we still go out he is now super cautious of what he says.

any way i can fix this? it isn't the first time this has occurred
>>
>>17190433
Did you tell him what kind of therapy? If not just say its physical for when you broke something as a kid.
>>
>>17190433
Seriously, who -doesn't- go to therapy these days. If he can't hack it, don't sweat it OP. What are you going for?
>>
>>17190500
BPD but i didn't tell him that
>>
>>17190509
As a guy i can say id like to know that
It wouldn't change a thing but id like to talk about it and see if there is anything i should know or do or whatever

But then again i have a history of dating a depressive girl, autistic and one had bpd
>>
>>17190509

Simply put, BPD people are undateable. I have never in the history of relationships heard of a successful relationship that didn't end in complete chaos and disaster where one person was BPD.

Like why are you even trying? Your brain is incapable of not sabotaging everything remotely good or awesome in life for yourself and everybody around you.

BPD people are like fucking ass cancer. Completely pointless and destructive, will ruin your life and the lives of everybody in your family, extremely expensive to rid yourself of.

Just stop trying and learn how to live by yourself so you stop hurting people.
>>
>>17190536
That was uncalled for

She's going to therapy, she has the right to try and be happy
She should explain to the guy whats bpd about just in case

But its no reason to be an ass
>>
>>17190561

Naw man, BPD isn't like ADHD or asthma, it's some serious shit and you need to inform people you're close to if you suffer from it.

Realistically, not many people want to risk dating someone that might wake up one day as, literally, a different person.
>>
>>17190577
Like i said
She should tell him
I dated a girl with it and id date one with it again no problems

Its not their fault and they still deserve a shot
But you seem too pissy and personal about it
>>
>>17190561

Don't give me that white knight bullshit.

I am looking out for every life and every unfortunate person that winds up in her life. Men and women NEED to be aware of BPD and how to avoid it in a partner.

I feel bad for OP. I really REALLY do but some people are dealt a shit hand in life. This is HER shit hand. I have a dehabilitating back injury that gives me constant agonizing pain but I fucking own it. It is a part of me and I accept the limitations that come in life with it.

The last thing I want is for my injury to affect OTHER peoples lives negatively. I suggest the OP own her condition and be aware of her limitations and just how much emotional damage she is capable of causing.
>>
>>17190586

>pissy and personal

Literally all of the people I've ever known with BPD have gone completely coo coo bananas at least once, and afterwards had their brains blunted with medication.
>>
>>17190589
White knight
Nice
You lost the argument

If a person actively seeks therapy and is working on it doesn't even deserve a chance?
Don't know why are you so mad about it but damn man calm down
>>
>>17190600
i am extremely sexual, i have cheated in my life on several occasions. I also experience bouts of extreme anger and lack of empathy but I am getting better and focusing more on myself

Op incase no one noticed
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.